From:
Michael Albers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Albers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jun 2011 15:08:18 -0400
Symposium on Usability, Information Design, and Information Interaction
to Communicate Complex Information

February 24-25, 2012

East Carolina University
Greenville NC

http://workshop.design4complexity.com/

The future will see the design of information and communication
technologies that serve ever more complex purposes and problems. For
these technologies, creating user centered design is particularly
challenging when users are engaged in sophisticated knowledge work and
collaborations and do not want to become power users to conduct this
work electronically. Goals of this workshop are to clarify what we
already know about communicating complex information and clarify our
understanding of what issues urgently need further research.

We hope to reach new insights about the current major research issues
that need to be addressed and ways to transform research into practical
applications

We want this workshop to maximize the exchange of information and ideas
among the participants. The workshop will feature a highly interactive
format with each participant giving a 15-20 minute presentation followed
by a 20-30 minute discussion. We wish to encourage high interactivity
and in-depth discussion about each topic.

Keynote address will be by Carol Barnum, Southern Polytechnic State
University.

Accepted papers will be published in the ACM Digital Library.

This workshop sponsored in part by
East Carolina University Department of English
East Carolina University Thomas Harriot College of Arts and Sciences
East Carolina University Office of the Provost
East Carolina University Division of Research and Graduate Studies
ACM SIGDOC

Contact

Michael J. Albers   [log in to unmask]

--