From:
Dr. Ronald Böck <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2017 14:16:59 +0200
**** We apologise for cross-postings ****
**** Please forward this e-mail to potentially interested students/researchers ****

International Summer School on Companion Technology 2017
Theory and Application

September 9-13th, 2017 in Ulm, Germany.
In conjunction with ICCT 2017.

http://issct.cogsy.de

*** Scope: ***
We are pleased to announce that the International Summer School on Companion Technology (ISSCT 2017) which will be held on September 9-13, 2017 in Ulm, Germany.

Companion technology is a trending research direction that gained a lot of interest from the industry in the recent years. For this, the summer school's aim is to present the fundamental aspects of the companion theory including neurosciences as well as the transfer to applications. Therefore, we invited experts introducing applications in the field of companion theory, companion agents, and cognitive robotics. Further, we encourage the participants to contribute to experiments presented by the lecturers.

This year’s edition is intended for students on Master and early PhD level.
In particular, attendees will be able to extend their knowledge in both theoretical and practical aspects of companion technology such as:
- Companion theory
- Companion agents and cognitive robotics
- Psychology and neurosciences
- Human-machine interaction.

Since the ISSCT 2017 will be held in conjunction with the IEEE International Conference on Companion Technology we invite all participants to submit a position paper on their research topic to the conference on  special deadline conditions.

The International Summer School on Companion Technology is a great opportunity for you to learn about a new technology, meet other students, discuss your ideas with experts, participant on an international conference and simply enjoy the time in the city of Albert Einstein!

*** Important Dates: ***
Application Deadline: August 4th, 2017
Notification of Acceptance: August 8th, 2017
Summer School Date: September 9-13th, 2017

*** Submissions: ***
Please apply until August 4, 2017 since there is a limited number of participants. For this, a motivation letter (two pages maximum) and a CV should be send to [log in to unmask] Further, we accept also applications for one of the ten travel grants (subject to a cap). This includes an additional list of estimated travel cost to Ulm.
For further information refer to http://issct.cogsy.de.

*** Organisers: ***
Ronald Böck, University Magdeburg
Ingo Siegert, University Magdeburg
Tatiana Gossen, University Magdeburg
Steffen Walter, Ulm University
György Eigner, Obuda University
Adrian Stoica, NASA and CalTech
Andreas Nürnberger, University Magdeburg

--
Dr.-Ing. Dipl.-Inf. Ronald Böck
FEIT IIKT-Cognitive Systems