Sender:
From:
Linda Candy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 2009 07:45:20 +1000
----

Invitation for the tutorial Understanding and Evaluating Creativity

  at ACM Creativity & Cognition 2009

----

http://www.creativityandcognition09.org/

http://www.creativityandcognition09.org/acceptedtutorials.htm

October 27, 2009, Berkeley Art Museum & UC Berkeley

T1. Understanding and Evaluating Creativity (full day)

  What do we mean when we speak of 'creativity'? How do we evaluate
creativity in real life situations?

The tutorial will provide the participants with an understanding of
creativity and how to approach its evaluation. It will introduce an
approach to evaluating creativity from different viewpoints based on
audience, artifact and creator capability. Participants will also be
provided with tools for analyzing situations in which creative
engagement may be taking place.

• Would you like to learn ways of demystifying the creative
activities, and get an insight on nature of creativity?

.
• Would you like to go beyond familiar methods and learn about new
approaches to evaluating creativity.

• Would you like to create more intriguing audience/user experiences
and better understand their design processes

• Interested in understanding different ways audiences/ users may
engage with interactive systems?

...then this tutorial is for you

Further information is available at the tutorial's external website:

http://research.it.uts.edu.au/creative/linda/CC09TUTE/

Organisers: Linda Candy and Zafer Bilda, University of Technology,
Sydney

Dr Linda Candy

http://www.lindacandy.com

Creativity & Cognition Studios
http://www.creativityandcognition.com

Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology
University of Technology, Sydney
PO Box 123 Broadway
NSW 2007
Australia