** Final Call for Papers **
1st workshop on
Augmenting Social Interaction through Affective Computing
Workshop at ACII 2011
Apologies for multiple postings
Augmenting Social Interaction through Affective Computing is the first workshop on affective computing that specifically aims to improve or enhance social interaction among humans. Social interactions, whether mediated or face-to-face, can benefit significantly from advances in affective computing and social signal processing. Example application areas include mental healthcare, training and coaching, negotiation, and close intimate interactions. To address this topic, we invite submissions on the relation between social interaction between humans and affective computing technologies.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Case studies on applying affective computing to social interaction
* Psychological insights into affective aspects of social interaction
* Affective signal processing specific to augmenting social interaction
* Detailed application concepts for augmenting social interaction
* Ethical aspects of augmented social interaction
* Methodological issues in evaluating social interaction applications
* Theoretical frameworks to guide research on augmented social interaction
The workshop will be held in conjunction with the 4th International conference on Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction (ACII2011) at the FedEx Institute of Technology at the University of Memphis, TN.
* The papers should feature original empirical work, theoretical work, or a well defendable but arguable position of the authors (i.e., not submitted, in submission, or submitted to another conference or journal while in review).
* Papers will be published in the proceedings of ACII 2011 by Springer. Papers should not exceed 10 pages and should be formatted according to the Springer LNCS formatting guidelines http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0.
* Papers must be submitted as PDF through the EasyChair conference system, which can be accessed through the workshop web site and the ACII conference website.
* Any questions can be emailed to Joris H. Janssen ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)
Important Dates (strict deadlines)
June 19th, 2011 Submissions due
July 10th, 2011 Acceptance notification
July 24th, 2011 Camera ready versions due
* Joris Janssen, Eindhoven University of Technology and Philips Research, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
* Jeremy Bailenson, Stanford University, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
* Wijnand IJsselsteijn, Eindhoven University of Technology, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
* Joyce Westerink, Philips Research, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
* Kai Kuikkaniemi, Helsinki Institute for Information Technology, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Johannes Breuer (University Hohenheim)
Paul Brunet (Queen's University Belfast)
Egon L. van den Broek (University of Twente)
Joost Broekens (Delft University of Technology)
Stephen Fairclough (Liverpool John Moores University)
Antal Haans (Eindhoven University of Technology)
Wouter van den Hoogen (Eindhoven University of Technology)
Kristina Hook (Stockholm University/KTH)
Nicole Kramer (University Duisburg - Essen)
Yvonne de Kort (Eindhoven University of Technology)
Panos Markopoulos (Eindhoven University of Technology)
Lennart Nacke (University of Saskatchewan)
Anton Nijholt (University of Twente)
Mike Nowak (Stanford University)
Johan Plomp (VTT Electronics)
Niklas Ravaja (Aalto University)
Marjolein van der Zwaag (Philips Research)
The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally protected under applicable law. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
To unsubscribe, send an empty email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org