From:
Ailie Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ailie Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 2020 22:05:29 +0000
Hello everyone,

Register now for UIST 2020 at https://uist.acm.org/uist2020/attending.html

Only a few more days left to register! The ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology (UIST) will take place virtually from October 20 - 23, and will be co-located with ACM CSCW (taking place October 17 - 21).

===================================
ONLINE PROGRAM GALLERY
===================================
We have just launched a public online gallery where you can browse and preview all the Papers, Posters, Demos, Student Innovation Contest submissions, and Doctoral Consortium participants before the conference begins! Registered attendees will soon have access to full recorded talks, demo videos, links to see the live talks, and links for interaction on Discord.
https://uist.acm.org/uist2020/gallery.html

===================================
PLENARY PROGRAM:
===================================
In addition to all the great content mentioned above, we have a very exciting plenary program planned! Below is a summary, see the program page for full details: https://uist.acm.org/uist2020/program.html

UIST + CSCW PLENARY PANEL
Wednesday, October 21, 07:30 - 08:30 CDT
UIST + CSCW: A Celebration of Systems Research in Collaborative and Social Computing
Chair: Michael Bernstein
Panelists: Irene Greif, Wendy Mackay, Hiroshi Ishii, Jonathan Grudin, Karrie Karahalios, Meredith Ringel Morris, Aniket Kittur, Jaime Teevan, Amy Zhang, and Niloufar Salehi
https://uist.acm.org/uist2020/panel.html

UIST + CSCW PLENARY KEYNOTE
Wednesday, October 21, 11:00 - 12:00 CDT
Art of the Possible: Showcasing Data Science Solutions for a Better World
Speaker: Afua Bruce
https://uist.acm.org/uist2020/index.html#keynotes

UIST VISION PLENARY
Thursday, October 22, 08:30 - 09:30 CDT
The Augmented Conversation and the Amplified World (Speaker: David A. Smith)
Democratizing the Production of Interactive Hardware (Speaker: Steve Hodges)
https://uist.acm.org/uist2020/visions.html

UIST CLOSING PLENARY KEYNOTE
Friday, October 23, 11:00am - 12:00pm CDT
Design Justice and User Interface Design
Speaker: Sasha Costanza-Chock
https://uist.acm.org/uist2020/index.html#keynotes

Hope to see you (virtually) at UIST!
Ailie Fraser & Elena Glassman