From:
Tom Erickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Erickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 17:57:23 -0600
Hi,

I'm beginning a study of the creation, maintenance and dissemination
of FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions Lists).

I'm looking for two things:

First, I'm hoping to find members of the HCI community who have a)
written FAQs, and b) are going to be at CHI next week and would be
willing to chat with me about their experiences.

Second, I'd appreciate any pointers to papers on FAQs from the HCI or
Socially-oriented perspectives, or other resources. I've searched the
obvious places and there is almost nothing; I'm hoping for pointers
to Master's or PhD theses, or to hear from those currently working on
the subject. (Regarding other resources, yes, I do know about the FAQ
on FAQs, the FAQ Style Guide book, and the FAQ Maintainers mailing
list.)

Thanks much,
--Tom
Tom Erickson
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
Email: [log in to unmask] (preferred); [log in to unmask](IBM confidential)
http://www.pliant.org/personal/Tom_Erickson