From:
"Ojha, Vidushi" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ojha, Vidushi
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 2020 19:23:30 +0000
Hello,

We are researchers from the Department of Computer Science at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign studying how instructors use criteria-based team formation to form teams in their courses.

You are eligible to participate in this survey study (IRB #19827) if you teach a course in which you form teams using a criteria-based approach. For example, you might form teams based on characteristics of your students such as demographics, working styles, or prior experiences. This process might be accomplished using a team formation tool such as CATME Team-Maker or by hand. If you form teams randomly or by letting students self-select their teammates, you are not eligible for this study. It will take approximately 15-30 minutes to complete the survey.

The first 40 respondents will be compensated $20 via PayPal. You must have a Paypal account and provide us with your email in order to receive the compensation.

Survey link: https://surveys.illinois.edu/sec/3790616

Your responses will be used to broaden our understanding of how algorithmic team formation approaches are used in actual classrooms, and help improve team formation tools for future users and their students. We encourage you to share this survey with any of your colleagues who use a criteria-based approach, so that we can capture as many experiences and opinions as possible.

Thank you,

Emily Hastings

Vidushi Ojha

Brian Bailey