From:
Dimitra Tsovaltzi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dimitra Tsovaltzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2018 09:52:23 +0100
----------

Final Call for Proposals for 13th, Lyon, CSCL 2019 June 17-21

DEADLINE : NOVEMBER 19th, 2018, EXTENDED FROM NOVEMBER 12th

A wide lens: Combining Embodied, Enactive, Extended, and Embedded Learning
in Collaborative Settings.

Promoting productive collaborative interaction in varied contexts requires
studying the interdependencies of the complex ecosystems in which
collaborative learning takes place (e.g. school, museums, work, play). In
Cognitive Science, research under the banner of 4E cognition favors newer
paradigms that take into account the role of the body (embodied), the
interactions between an organism and its environment (enactive), and the
elements and aspects in the environment itself (extended and embedded). At
this year’s CSCL, we propose 4E learning as our theme. Submissions that
present results on collaborative learning regarding some combination of
embodied, enactive, extended, and embedded learning are welcome. Such a
focus translates to studies of various interdependencies in the learning
process: social, emotional, cultural, linguistic, cognitive, and
technological. Finally, treating 4E learning as inherently collaborative
means that as a CSCL community, we need to understand this phenomenon in
settings both with and without technology. It is important that as CSCL
researchers, we build on work that while not computer-supported has
implications for design and research in computer-supported collaborative
learning settings. In considering collaborative learning as the interplay
of factors in a complex system, we aim to create novel interdisciplinary
integrations and thereby extend and reinforce the CSCL Learning Sciences
community with new ideas.

See here, for more information on:

-          the call:
<http://cscl2019.com/en/call-for-proposals/papers-posters--symposia/20>
http://cscl2019.com/en/call-for-proposals/papers-posters--symposia/20

-          the conference, CSCL 2019:  <http://cscl2019.com/>
http://cscl2019.com/

-          the ISLS (International Society of the Learning Sciences):
<https://www.isls.org/> https://www.isls.org/ and

 <https://www.isls.org/> https://www.facebook.com/groups/2421094217/

The 13th,Lyon, CSCL 2019 organizing committee

Dr. habil. Dimitra Tsovaltzi

Faculty of Empirical Social Sciences

Dept. of Educational Technology

Saarland University, Campus C5 4