From:
Petra Isenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Petra Isenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2012 22:02:09 +0200
 Greetings!
 We'd like to invite you to join us at ITS 2012: ACM Interactive Tabletop and Surfaces

Hyatt Regency
Cambridge, Massachussets U.S.A.
November 11-14, 2012

http://its2012conf.org/

The Interactive Tabletops and Surfaces 2012 Conference (ITS) is a premiere venue for presenting research in the design and use of new and emerging tabletop and interactive surface technologies. As a new community, we embrace the growth of the discipline in a wide variety of areas, including innovations in ITS hardware, software, design, and projects expanding our understanding of design considerations of ITS technologies and of their applications.
ITS 2012 will bring together top researchers and practitioners who are interested in both the technical and human aspects of ITS technology. We invite you to join us for this year's conference!

The program for ITS 2012 includes:
- A plenary by Pattie Maes (MIT Media Lab), "Thinking outside of the (computer) box"
- 30 papers, presented in a single track. Topics addressed include:
* Interacting in 3D
* Surfaces for education
* Multiple displays and devices
* Free space interactions
- 18 Demos and 21 posters reception at the MIT Media Lab
- A closing keynote by Andi Wilson (Microsoft Research), "Analog Interactions"

On Sunday prior to main event:
- Workshop on Beyond Flat Displays
-Four tutorials on:
* non-flat surfaces
* multitouch development
* sketching the user interfaces
* and high-performance ITS technologies.

More details here:
http://its2012conf.org/program.html

Register here:
http://its2012conf.org/conference.html#registration
Special rates at the conference hotel are still available but are running out fast.