From:
Jimmy Ang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jimmy Ang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2010 22:52:19 +0100
MSc Mobile Application Design
School of Engineering and Digital Arts, University of Kent
http://www.eda.kent.ac.uk/postgraduate/pg_mobileapps.aspx

Over the last few years, we have seen the emergence of the smartphone
as not just a communication device but an information provider and
personal manager. Over the next few years, we can expect these types
of phone to become the basic devices of tomorrow. The mobile is
changing how people interact with each other both at work and in their
leisure.

This advanced Masters programme prepares students to develop
applications for these devices equipping them to become highly skilled
professionals for the Mobile Industry with the latest skill set in
this rapidly expanding and evolving field. Our new programme combines
technology, interface design and application development for mobile
platforms. Particular features of this programme include:
Specialized module on developing iPhone and iPad apps;
Emphasis on creating apps with high usability and reliabilty;
All students are provided with a personal MacBook Pro for the duration
of the course.

Programme Modules:
Embedded Real-Time Operating Systems
HCI for Mobiles
IPhone Application Design
Mobile Web Development
MSc Project
Research Methods and Project Design
Communication Networks (Optional)
Economics of the Electronic Marketplace (Optional)
Object-Oriented Programming (Optional)

--
Best regards,
(Jim) Chee Siang Ang

Lecturer in Multimedia and Digital Systems
Jennison Building, Room 117
School of Engineering and Digital Arts
University of Kent
Phone: +44 (0) 1227 827783