Are you a Master’s or Doctoral student? Want feedback about and mentorship for your research from senior researchers and other students?
Apply to the IUI 2017 Student Consortium (and for a travel award)! The deadline is December 20th!
CALL FOR ACM IUI 2017 STUDENT CONSORTIUM
22nd ACM International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces IUI 2017
St. Raphael Resort, Limassol, Cyprus
March 13-16, 2017
Deadline: Dec 18, 2017
Notification: January 8, 2017
ACM IUI 2017 is the 22nd annual meeting of the intelligent interfaces community and serves as a premier international forum for reporting outstanding research and development on intelligent user interfaces. ACM IUI is where the Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) community meets the Artificial Intelligence (AI), with contributions from related fields such as psychology, behavioral science, cognitive science, computer graphics, design or the arts.
About Student Consortium
The IUI 2017 Student Consortium provides an opportunity for Masters and Doctoral students to present and receive feedback about their research in an interdisciplinary workshop, under the guidance of a panel of mentors selected from senior people in the field. We invite students who feel they would benefit from this kind of feedback on their research to use this unique opportunity to share their work with students in a similar situation as well as senior researchers in the field. The consortium will be organized with 8 to 12 presentations by the students, whose applications have been selected by the Student Consortium chairs. The strongest candidates will be those who have a clear topic and research approach, and have made some progress, but who are not so far along in their research that they can no longer make changes. The final version of accepted SC submissions will be included intuit the “Companion” volume of the proceedings along with workshops, tutorials, posters and demos and will be published at the ACM DL
Complimentary/ reduced conference registration will be available for students. Student Consortium participants will be given high priority when applying for the student travel awards. Moreover, we are working to provide partial reimbursement of travel/ accommodation expenses specifically for the participants of the Student Consortium. Check the details on the travelling grants page and make sure to apply
The objectives of the student consortium are to:
• Serve as a supportive setting to provide/receive feedback on students' current doctoral and masters' research and guidance on future research directions
• Offer each student comments and fresh perspectives on their work from researchers and students outside of their own institution
• Promote the development of a supportive community of scholars and a spirit of collaborative research
• Contribute to the conference goals through interaction with other researchers and conference events
To apply for the Student Consortium, please submit to the URL below a single PDF containing the following (in order):
• A brief cover letter containing your full name, contact details, affiliation, web page, expected graduation date and target degree, the name of your thesis advisor, gender (optional), home country (optional), and whether you are a member of an underrepresented minority group (optional) (one page maximum).
• Your SC submission: a document describing your thesis/dissertation research plan and your progress thus far. This document should be in standard ACM Extended Abstract format http://chi2015.acm.org/authors/format/#extendedformat) and should be no more than four pages long.
• A two-page CV
Submit your single, combined PDF to https://precisionconference.com/~sigchi/ by the deadline!
IN addition, a letter of recommendation from your thesis or doctoral advisor should be sent separately by email to the Student Consortium Co-Chairs at [log in to unmask]
Student Consortium Chairs
Peter Brusilovsky, University of Pittsburgh, USA
Katrien Verbert, KU Leuven, Belgium
Contact: [log in to unmask]
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org