Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 2021 18:33:19 +0200
From:
Jasmin Niess <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Call for Papers: Human-centered AI https://aiperspectives.springeropen.com/call-for-papers--human-centered-ai
AI technologies are defining our everyday lives in ways which few other technologies have been done before. In more and more contexts, these AI technologies directly interact with humans in various ways, from self-driving cars to surveillance systems to medical diagnosis systems and human-robot teams. It is apparent from these impacts already observed that Human-centered AI can potentially have a lot of positive but also negative social impacts.
To address and mitigate potential negative repercussions of AI, the international research community has started a variety of initiatives. For instance, the NeurIPS conference has introduced a requirement that all paper  submissions include a statement of the “potential broader impact of their work, including its ethical aspects and future societal consequences.” Similarly, we see nations and even supra-national institutions like the EU starting to think about AI regulations as others move forward with technology development at an increasing speed.

In line with aforementioned efforts, we believe that it is crucial to collect positions on the current technological developments, best practice examples and to foster discussion on what the perspectives of human-centered AI might offer. We welcome papers that discuss these topics on a broad level in our thematic series.

Examples of topics of interest include but are not limited to:

	• Risks and potentials of AI-Human interactions
	• Technology developments: new algorithms, systems and applications of human-centered AI
	• Human-centered AI in different contexts or challenging scenarios
	• Laws, ethics, standard and regulations of AI-Human interaction
	• Position and visionary papers on the future of AI-Human (Co)-evolution
In the above sense, we would broadly define AI as algorithms running in local or network computer systems via Industry 4.0 machines and automation systems to transportation systems (both people and goods) to robotic systems in hybrid teams of humans and robots implementing the next generation production line and everyday AI-powered digital platform and product service systems.

Lead Editor
Prof. Frank Kirchner (DFKI, Bremen)

Guest Editors
Dr. Jasmin Niess (University of Bremen),
Dr. Sebastian Feger (Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich)

Submission instruction:
Please submit manuscripts via the online submission system at https://www.editorialmanager.com/aipp/ and follow the submission guidelines at https://aiperspectives.springeropen.com/submission-guidelines. All manuscripts submitted to this collection should be indicated in the online system otherwise they will be handled as regular submissions. If you have any further questions, please contact the Publishing Editor, Brock Madsen ([log in to unmask]).

Open Access Publication:
Submissions will also benefit from the usual advantages of open access publication:
Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient
High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed.