Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2014 14:52:12 -0500
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Jim Foley <[log in to unmask]>
Georgia Tech founded the very first HCC degree program in 2004, focusing on the intersection of computing and people - where computing includes not just computers but also different kinds of computational artifacts from games to mobile applications, from robots to bionics and mobile applications; and people includes not only individuals but also teams, organizations, societies and cultures.

Join our 29 faculty (http://hcc.cc.gatech.edu/faculty) in working across the HCC spectrum: artificial intelligence, cognitive science, learning sciences & technologies, computing education, collaboration, design, human-computer interaction, health & wellness, informatics, information visualization & visual analytics, international development, learning sciences & technology, social computing, and ubiquitous & wearable computing.

Join our 39 students (http://hcc.cc.gatech.edu/), all doing research in one of three broad areas: Cognition, Learning & Creativity, Human-Computer Interaction, and Social Computing. We value diversity in all its dimensions; our students have a broad range of backgrounds, coming from across the world and with a variety of different undergraduate degrees. Join a vibrant community of faculty and graduate students that encompasses not just the HCC PhD but also the PhDs in Digital Media, Computer Science with specialization in HCI, Psychology with specializations in Engineering Psychology and Cognitive Aging, Music Technology, and Industrial Design, and the interdisciplinary GVU Center with its multitude of research labs.

Join, upon graduation, our alumni (http://hcc.cc.gatech.edu/graduated) who have academic, research or management careers at Adobe Research, CMU, Drexel, Georgetown, Georgia Tech, Google, Kaiser Permanente, Kaltura, U. Maryland, U. Michigan, Michigan State, U. Minnesota, Oak Ridge National Labs, Northeastern, Penn State, Rose Hulman, Samsung, Sassafras, U. Washington, US Military Academy and Virginia Tech.

Our curriculum (http://www.ic.gatech.edu/future/phdhcc/program) is flexible, allowing considerable customizing based on individual interests: three core courses, three specialization courses and three minor courses. You get involved with research during your first semester, and never stop! Students receive tuition and a competitive stipend during their studies; outstanding US students are additionally eligible for the President's Fellowship ($5500 per year for four years).

Applications are due December 15; see www.ic.gatech.edu/future/phdhcc for additional program and application information.