Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2019 11:28:15 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Nitesh Goyal <[log in to unmask]>
Dear CHI community,

Every year Diversity & Inclusion Lunch at CHI introduces new efforts and refines existing ones based on participants' feedback. This year, we would like to introduce a new effort called Diversity & Inclusion Stories (D & I Stories).

D & I Stories is one of the ways to involve the larger community further and showcase their ideas/efforts that D & I Lunch attendees can peruse and draw from. While attendees will be lining up to pick up food at multiple food counters, D & I Stories will be displayed as posters for those waiting in the line to be inspired. Attendees may also view D & I Stories at the end of the Lunch.

While the CHI 2019 Diversity & Inclusion Lunch will afford limited time for discussion prompted by 2 Speaker Sparks, the goal of D&I stories is to share the challenges faced by the wider community, work being done to address these challenges, or any learnings, insights, failures, or successes discovered. Everyone who is interested in or working on Diversity and Inclusion, is invited to participate.

Please upload your un-anonymized D & I Story as a poster in PDF format (portrait orientation, A0 size, maximum file size 20 MB), on Dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/request/G353fenYXunkTaA4upMY) by April 15, 2019 GMT. These will not be archived by ACM digital library. However, we will print them for you and display them during the D&I Lunch.

We are keeping this ask relatively broad to encourage participation. All submitted D & I Stories will be reviewed to ensure that they abide by the ACM SIGCHI Policy Against Discrimination and Harassment (https://www.acm.org/special-interest-groups/volunteer-resources/officers-manual/policy-against-discrimination-and-harassment). Authors will be informed about  acceptance by the end of April 22, 2019 GMT.

We look forward to reading and displaying your D & I Stories!

Diversity & Inclusion Lunch Chairs, CHI 2019

Anicia Peters, Namibia University of Science and Technology, Namibia
Anke Brock, ENAC – Université Toulouse, France
Gopinaath Kannabiran, Aarhus University, Denmark
Tesh Goyal, Google, New York, US