From:
Patrick Shih <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick Shih <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 May 2015 17:17:02 -0400
[Apologies for cross-postings. Please send to interested colleagues and
students]

IS-EUD 2015 CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
http://www.iseud.net/

5th Symposium on End User Development: My world, my device, my program
Madrid, 26-29 May 2015

THEME

The IS-EUD 2015 in Madrid  welcomes researchers and practitioners
interested  in
exploring innovative,  creative, simpler  and more  empowered ways  of
ideating,
infrastructuring,   configuring,  adapting   and  programming   our  modern
  IT
infrastructures  at home  and at  work. We  look at  devices like
 smartphones,
dishwashers, smart TVs,  robots, cars, wearable  IT, houses and  laptops,
and we
look at practices and milieus like engineering, shopfloor, hackspaces, fab
labs,
app programming, e-health, e-mobility, e-democracy and energy efficient IT,
 and
aim at  improving tools,  interfaces, processes  and methods  that support
 user
-driven innovation.

In this edition  we aim at  opening the conference  to the end  users with
a new
category  of  contributions  called  the  EUD  playground  where  a
 plethora of
interactive activities can be planned,  from studios, to hackatons, to
 whatever
format that invites end users to try out technologies devised for them.

We invite everyone who is interested in the topics and program of the
IS-EUD 2015
to register for the conference. The details regarding the registration
procedure
are given at:
http://dei.inf.uc3m.es/iseud2015/registration/

PROGRAM

The program of the IS-EUD 2015 conference with accepted papers can be seen
here:
http://dei.inf.uc3m.es/iseud2015/program/

INVITED SPEAKERS

* David Cuartielles (Malmˆ University), co-funder of the Arduino platform
* Albrecht Schmidt (University of Stuttgart), profesor of HCI

ASSOCIATED WORKSHOP, MAY 26

http://dei.inf.uc3m.es/iseud2015/conference/workshop/

CoPDA 2015 ñ Coping with Information, Participation, and Collaboration
Overload,
3rd International Workshop on Cultures of Participation in the Digital Age

PLAYGROUND, MAY 27

http://dei.inf.uc3m.es/iseud2015/conference/playground/

* Searching in a Playful Manner, by Markus Latzina
* IS-EUD 2015 Studio: Exploring End User Programming of Interactive Spaces,
  by Thomas Kubitza
* Creating Game-Like Content in Android Devices: The Mokap Hackaton,
  by Angel Serrano-Laguna, Dan Cristian Rotaru and Antonio Calvo Morata
* Spatial Awareness in Mobile Devices to Compose Data Source: a Utilization
Study,
  by Giuseppe Desolda and Hans-Christian Jetter
* Hands-on actionable mashups, by Carmelo Ardito, Maria Francesca
Costabile,
  Giuseppe Desolda, Markus Latzina and Maristella Matera
* A Platform for Creating Digital Educational Games as Combinations of
Archetypical
  Games, by Telmo Zarraonandia, Paloma DÌaz, Ignacio Aedo and ¡lvaro Montero

For more information about the conference, look at http://www.iseud.net/