*Call for Workshop Proposals*
*The 14th ACS/IEEE International Conference on Computer Systems and
Applications (AICCSA 2017)*
*30 Oct - 03 Nov 2017*
The ACS/IEEE International Conference on Computer Systems and Applications
(AICCSA) is the premier conference covering all contemporary areas in
computer systems and applications and hence it is an international forum
for leading researchers and practitioners in this important and rapidly
changing disciplines. AICCSA 2017, to be held in the lovely and highly
vibrant city of Hammamet in Tunisia. *AICCSA 2017 invites proposals for
workshops* on specific aspects that *complement *the conference main tracks
in related areas to *Computer Systems and Applications*. We seek proposals
across a wide range of topics and levels ranging from fundamentals to the
latest advances in hot topic areas.
Workshop proposals due: May 1, 2017
Notification of acceptance: May 15, 2017
Workshops Date: November 2, 2017
Use the following link to submit your proposal. https://easychair.
Workshop Proposals may also be sent by email to the workshop Chairs:
• Mohammad Alsmirat, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Jordan -
[log in to unmask]
• Faten Atigui, CNAM - CEDRIC Paris - [log in to unmask]
• Sihem Ben Sassi, RIADI-ENSI, University of la Manouba,Tunisia -
[log in to unmask]
Any other enquiries should be also sent the the workshops track chairs.
Proposals for workshops should be no more than 2 pages in length and
submitted in PDF Format. The proposal should contain the following
1. Title and brief technical description of the workshop, specifying the
goals and the technical issues that will be the focus of the workshop.
2. A brief description of why and to whom the workshop is of interest and
how it complement the main conference
3. The proposed organizing committee and the technical program committee.
4. The workshop submission and processing system
5. Experience of the main organisers in organising similar events previously
6. Contact details of the main organisers
*Notes for the Workshop Organizers:*
Workshop chair(s) will be responsible for the following:
1. Producing a web page and a “Call for Papers/Participation” for their
workshop. The URL should be sent to the AICCSA Workshops chairs. It should
mention that at least one author of each accepted submission should attend
the workshop and that all workshop participants must pay the appropriate
registration fee. The CfP should make it clear that the registration of at
least one author is required for the paper to be included in the conference
2. Ensure that all workshop papers are a maximum of 6 pages in length (in
IEEE format). It is the responsibility of the workshop organizers to ensure
that this page limit has been adhered to.
3. Taking full responsibility of workshop submission, reviewing process and
4. Selecting the participants and the format of the workshop. The
publication of proceedings will be by the IEEE in the same volume as the
5. Advertising the workshop beyond the conference web page.
6. Assistance in producing a camera-ready version of the workshop
7. If the workshop is too small (i.e. does not attract enough submissions)
the AICCSA 2017 Organizing Committee may propose to merge that workshop
with another. So we encourage workshop organizers to attract a large
community. In extreme situations we may also cancel workshops if there are
insufficient number of submissions, while we may consider the paper for the
8. Workshop organizers must ensure that suitable quality measures have been
taken to ensure that the accepted papers are of high quality. All papers
must be reviewed by an International Technical Program Committee with a
minimum of 3 reviews per paper. The workshop organizers should also try to
observe an acceptance rate that is not higher than 50%.
*The AICCSA 2017 Conference Organizing Committee will be responsible for
• Providing a link to the workshop webpage.
• Providing logistics support and a meeting place for the workshop.
• In conjunction with the organizers, determining the workshop date and
• Inclusion of the workshop accepted papers into the main proceedings and
provide it to all participants.
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org