From:
Johannes Schöning <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johannes Schöning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jun 2011 09:24:43 -0700
CALL FOR PAPERS & NOTES
6th Annual ACM Conference on Interactive Tabletops and Surfaces 2011

ITS 2011
November 13-16, 2011
Kobe, Japan
http://its2011.jp/
Twitter: @ITS_Japan2011
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/ACM-ITS-2011/161135517267835

The Interactive Tabletops and Surfaces 2011 Conference (ITS) is a
premiere venue for presenting research in the design and use of new
and emerging tabletop and interactive surface technologies. As a new
community, we embrace the growth of the discipline in a wide variety
of areas, including innovations in ITS hardware, software, design, and
projects expanding our understanding of design considerations of ITS
technologies and of their applications.

Building on their success in previous years, ITS again features Papers
and Notes presentations, as well as tutorials, posters, demonstrations tracks
and a doctoral symposium. ITS 2011 will also include workshops.

ITS 2011 will bring together top researchers and practitioners who are
interested in both the technical and human aspects of ITS technology.
On behalf of the conference organizing committee, we invite you to
begin planning your submissions and participation for this year's
conference!

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION: PAPERS AND NOTES
The use of interactive surfaces is an exciting and emerging research
area. Display technologies, such as projectors, LCD and OLED flat
panels, and even flexible display substrates, coupled with input
sensors capable of enabling direct interaction, make it reasonable to
envision a not-so-distant future in which many of the common surfaces
in our environment will function as digital interactive displays. ITS
brings together researchers and practitioners from a variety of
backgrounds and interests, such as camera and projector based systems,
new display technologies, multi-touch sensing, user interface
technologies, augmented reality, computer vision, multimodal
interaction, novel input and sensing technologies, computer supported
cooperative work (CSCW), and information visualization.

The intimate size of this single-track symposium provides an ideal
venue for leading researchers and practitioners to exchange research
results and experiences. We encourage submissions on (but not limited
to) the following topic areas as they relate to interactive tabletops
and surfaces:

* Gesture-based interfaces
* Multi-modal interfaces
* Tangible interfaces
* Novel interaction techniques
* Data handling/exchange on large interactive surfaces
* Data presentation on large interactive surfaces
* Software engineering methods
* Computer supported collaborative work
* Middleware and network support
* Virtual reality and augmented reality
* Social protocols
* Information visualizations
* hardware, including sensing and input technologies with novel capabilities
* Human-centered design & methodologies
* Applications

CONFERENCE COMMITTEE
 Conference Co-Chairs
 Jun Rekimoto, The University of Tokyo / SonyCSL, Japan
 Hideki Koike, University of Electro-Communications, Japan
 Kentaro Fukuchi, Meiji University, Japan

 Program Co-Chairs
 Yoshifumi Kitamura, Tohoku University, Japan
 Daniel Wigdor, University of Toronto, Canada

SUBMISSIONS
Papers/Notes: We invite paper submissions of two kinds: Papers (10
pages) and Notes (4 pages). Papers must present original, highly
innovative, prospective and forward-looking research, possibly in one
or more of the themes given above. Notes must also report novel and
complete research, but where the scope and scale of the contribution
is more focused and succinct than papers. Submissions must be
submitted as a single PDF file in the ACM format through the
submission system. A template for submissions can be found on the ITS
website (http://its2011.jp/).

All accepted submissions will be presented at ITS 2011 and appear in
the ITS digital proceedings and be archived in the ACM digital library.

IMPORTANT DATES
Paper/Note Submissions:  June 30, 2011
Paper/Note Author Notifications:  September 2, 2011
Paper/Note Camera-Ready Deadline: October 21, 2011

TEMPLATES AND SUBMISSION
Anonymized Submissions must be submitted as a single PDF file in the ACM
format through the submission system. ITS 2011 will use a double-blind
reviewing process. Submissions should be anonymized.

The conference submission system is located at:
http://precisionconference.com/~tabletop/

Please download the templates from the following URL for your submission:
http://its2011.jp/submission.php

All accepted submissions will be presented at ITS 2011 and appear in the ITS
proceedings and be archived in the ACM Digital Library.

The calls for the posters, demos, tutorials, workshops and the doctoral
symposium will be published soon, please check our website for further
information.