Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2012 09:37:09 +0100
Sender:
From:
Jose Abdelnour-Nocera <[log in to unmask]>
Apologies for the cross posting:

We invite you to the workshop on Social Capital and Entrepreneurship Workshop<https://sites.google.com/site/socialcapitalentrepreneurship/> at CSCW 2013 (ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work). The workshop will be held on Sunday 24/2/2012 in San Antonio, Texas, USA.

There is a strong relationship between social capital and entrepreneurship. Yet we know little of how groups across cultures and socio-technical configurations interact and collaborate online to transform innovation into commercial and social ventures.

This one day workshop will explore, through different perspectives, the challenges for CSCW in supporting the development of social capital for entrepreneurship, highlighting the gaps and opportunities for designers.

A key part of the agenda for this workshop is to form understandings of the formation of social capital and entrepreneurship activities in contrasting cultures and socio-technical configurations.

We hope to foster dialogue between academics in different disciplines interested in interdisciplinary research in social capital, entrepreneurship and CSCW.

--

Dr. Josť Abdelnour Nocera
Head of Centre for Internationalisation and Usability