From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 16:12:10 -0400
CHI 99 is still accepting volunteers to review many of its
submission categories. If you are interested, please check out
the CHI Reviewer Volunteer Center (RVC) at
<http://www.acm.org/sigchi/volunteers/rvcenter.html>

*July 31* is the deadline for volunteering to review papers,
panels, workshops, demonstrations and video papers.

All members of the HCI community are invited to volunteer!
If you have never reviewed for the CHI conference before
(or have not done so recently), you can SIGN UP at the
RVC by simply providing your email address. Further details
will arrive by email.

If you reviewed for CHI 98, then you already received your
invitation for CHI 99 back in early May. That email contained
your new log in instructions for the RVC. If you cannot find
those instructions, you can GET A REMINDER sent to you at
the RVC.

You will NOT automatically be accepted as a reviewer just by
signing up and filling in your profile. Technical program
chairs will review all of the volunteers in their pool and
select the set of people that best fits their needs.

Many CHI 99 submissions are due in mid-September, with
reviews expected back in late October. Later submissions
are due in Jauary with reviews due in February. If you are
selected as a reviewer, you will get specific information
about what is expected of you.

If you have any problems signing up or logging in to the
Reviewer Volunteer Center, feel free to contact me at

Finally, many people will be too busy to review for CHI 99
but would like to be contacted when it is time to volunteer
for CHI 2000. Just send me an email saying you are too busy
right now, and I will add you to the list to be notified in
June of 1999.

Keith Instone
CHI 99 Reviewer Liaison