Date:
Mon, 27 Jun 2022 08:18:10 +0000
Sender:
From:
Vasilis Vlachokyriakos <[log in to unmask]>
PDC 2022

https://pdc2022.org/

We are excited to announce the Participatory Design Conference PDC 2022 will be taking place online and in-person between 19th August - 1st September.

PDC is a leading venue for research on the direct involvement of people in the design, development, implementation and appropriation of technologies, artefacts and services. PDC brings together a rich multidisciplinary and international group of researchers and practitioners. The Conference encompasses a wide range of issues that emerge around co-design, co-creation and participatory design, encountered and discussed in multiple fields and disciplines.

This year we are honoured to welcome four keynotes; Ahmed Ansarai, Catherine D’Ignazio, Lilly Irani and Ann Light. https://pdc2022.org/keynotes/

2022 will see the 17th edition of the PDC conference, hosted by Open, Lab<https://openlab.ncl.ac.uk/>, at the Urban Sciences Building,<https://newcastlehelix.com/about/urban-sciences-building> Newcastle University<https://www.ncl.ac.uk/> in Newcastle upon Tyne<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newcastle_upon_Tyne>, UK. The Conference is organised in partnership with Design Informatics at University of Edinburgh, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Australia and Northumbria University with support from the SIGCHI Development Fund and Newcastle University’s School of Modern Languages and Global Conference Fund.

In response to Covid-19 and a desire to make PDC more inclusive while reducing its carbon footprint, the 2022 conference will have a more distributed extended format.

NEWCASTLE: PDC 2022 will run an in-person and hybrid conference event in Newcastle upon Tyne between 30th August and 1st September 2022.

ONLINE: There will be an online only conference programme between the 19th and 26th of August, engaging PDC participants in activities in advance of in-person events in Newcastle and enabling those unable to travel to a physical event to still take part.

PLACES: We will also connect with a number of international PDC Places<https://pdc2022.org/places/>. These are smaller in-person and online events and activities running in parallel across different locations around the world with each unique Place shaped and organised by local participatory design researchers and practitioners.

GET INVOLVED

You can register for our early bird fees until 30th June here

https://pdc2022.org/registration/

Many of our online and hybrid workshops are still open to submissions. You can search for all workshops here

https://pdc2022.org/programme/accepted-workshops/

We have a David Hakken PD Grant open to participatory design students in honour of David; a much missed member of the PD and SIGCHI community. Deadline 27th June.

https://pdc2022.org/david-hakken-grant/

We also have a SIGCHI low-income student fee waiver scheme for online attendance and for those who are new to the community and want to attend remotely for the first time. Deadline 31st July. Go to the online application form<https://forms.ncl.ac.uk/view.php?id=14879453>.

For the latest news follow us on social media

https://twitter.com/pdc_conference

https://www.instagram.com/pdc_2022/

https://www.facebook.com/participatorydesignconference

Best wishes,