From:
Kristin Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kristin Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2014 14:06:32 -0700
Good afternoon,

Apologies for cross-posting.

Would it be possible to help us promote the call for participation to ISEA2015 on the [log in to unmask] list? The 21st International Symposium on Electronic Art will be held in Vancouver, BC, Canada the 14-18th of August 2015.

We would appreciate any effort you would make to disseminate it among your own circles.

Thank you!
Kristin

Kristin Carlson, PhD Student
The School of Interactive Arts + Technology
Simon Fraser University
http://movingstories.ca/
http://isea2015.org

=========================
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION: ISEA2015
=========================

((( ISEA2015 ))) 21st International Symposium on Electronic Art

August 14-1 8 2015, Vancouver, Canada.
http://ISEA2015.org

Submission types:
=========================

We are delighted to announce the 21st International Symposium on Electronic Art
will be held August 14-18, 2015, in Vancouver, Canada. The ISEA2015 symposium welcomes submissions for three broad types of activities:

1 - An exciting art program that will run throughout the duration of the symposium. We welcome submission of artworks, installations and performances alike. Please see our call for artworks to find out how you can be part of it: http://isea2015.org/call-for-proposals/call-for-artworks/

2 - A set of workshops and tutorials will occur on Friday the 14th, and Saturday the 15th of August 2015. See the call for workshops and tutorials for more details on how to propose your own workshop or tutorial: http://isea2015.org/call-for-proposals/workshops-tutorials/

3 - The academic symposium will occur from Sunday the 16th to Tuesday the 18th of August 2015. It includes the following activities for which we solicit submissions:
* Long Paper with Oral Presentation
* Research Notes with Oral Presentation
* Short Paper with Demonstration or Poster Presentation
* Round Tables and Square Panels
* Institutional Presentations

ISEA2015 submissions in the Long paper, Research notes, and Short paper categories need to be the full length version of the paper (not only the abstract). Each submission will be thoroughly reviewed by members from our International Program Committee. Accepted submission will be published in the ISEA2015 Proceedings (with an ISBN/ISSN). These proceedings will be available online prior to the symposium.

For more details on how to contribute in any of the above categories, see our call for papers and panels here: http://isea2015.org/call-for-proposals/papers-posters-and-panels/

Submissions are to be made through our ISEA2015 EasyChair portal: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=isea2015

Important dates:
=========================
- 10 August 2014: Early bird submission deadline for artworks
- 15 September 2014: Notification of early artworks acceptance
- 20 December, 2014: Submission deadline for full research or art papers, research notes, panels, workshops and tutorials
- 20 December 2014: Late submission deadline for artworks
- 15 January 2015: Notification of acceptance for artworks, workshops and tutorials
- 15 February, 2015: Notifications of acceptance of full research or art papers, research notes, and panels
- 21 February, 2015: Submission deadline for short research or art papers with demonstration or poster presentation, research or art demonstrations, institutional presentations
- 21 March, 2015: Notifications of acceptance for short research or art papers with demonstration or poster presentation, research or art demonstrations, institutional presentations
- 14-18 August, 2015: ISEA2015 Symposium
=========================

Symposium Organizers
======================

Dr. Thecla Schiphorst (Symposium Director)
School of Interactive Arts and Technology (SIAT)
Faculty of Communication, Arts & Technology (FCAT),
Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada.

Dr. Philippe Pasquier (Symposium Director)
School of Interactive Arts and Technology (SIAT)
Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada.
Kate Armstrong ( Artistic Director)
Independent Curator , Director of the Social + Interactive Media (SIM) Centre,
Emily Carr University of Art+Design,
Vancouver, Canada.
Malcolm Levy ( Artistic Director)
Founder and Director of the New Forms Festival
Vancouver, Canada.

ISEA INTERNATIONAL
The series of ISEA symposia is coordinated by ISEA International. Founded in the Netherlands in 1990, ISEA International (formerly Inter-Society for the Electronic Arts) is an international non-profit organization fostering interdisciplinary academic discourse and exchange among culturally diverse organizations and individuals working with art, science and technology. ISEA International Headquarters is supported by the University of Brighton (UK).