Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2014 13:55:39 +0100
Subject:
Sender:
From:
"Prof. Dr. Harald Reiterer" <[log in to unmask]>
CALL for Participation

AVI 2014 Workshop: Roadmap on future research in advanced visual interface display ecosystems (AVID 2014)

Location: Como, Italy, May 27, 2014

Link: http://avid2014.iseresearch.com/
Submission Deadline: Mar 12, 2014
Author Notification: Mar 31, 2014
Camera-Ready Deadline: Apr 2, 2014
Camera-Ready Deadline for best papers: Apr 10, 2014
Early Registration: Apr 10, 2014
Workshops at AVI 2014: May 27, 2014

Organizers: Aaron Quigley (University of St. Andrews, United Kingdom), Victor Penichet Victor (University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain), Harald Reiterer (University of Konstanz, Germany)

Description: Advanced visual interface display ecosystems are physical environments, rooms or ad-hoc settings for co-located collaborative work that are augmented or supplemented with ubiquitous computing technology. However, there are significant challenges in the research, design, development and deployment of these types of ecosystem. The purpose of this research road-mapping workshop is threefold. Firstly, we aim to consolidate information, technical details and research directions from the diverse range of academic and industrial projects currently available. Secondly, based on visions of future ecosystems we will identify gaps in the current state of the art. And thirdly, we will identify new areas of research which require funding and support along with new areas for collaboration outside.

The aim of this workshop is to bring together researchers and practitioners who are avid to contribute to and aid in the development of a research roadmap. This roadmap can be used to inform, influence and disseminate ideas to funders, the wider research community and the general public. Based on submitted position papers and existing research it will describe the current baseline of display ecosystems and what research gaps need to be filled to allow us to achieve our research and developments ambitions.

If you only want to attend the workshop and not the whole conference this would be possible!

Prof. Dr. Harald Reiterer
Human-Computer Interaction Group
http://hci.uni-konstanz.de
University of Konstanz, Universitätsstr. 10, Box D 73, D-78457 Konstanz, Germany
Room A 611, Phone +49 7531 88 3704, Fax +49 7531 88 4772