From:
Tara Safavi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tara Safavi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jun 2020 13:36:26 +0100
*------------------------------------------------KG-BIAS Workshop at AKBC
2020------------------------------------------------*

We are pleased to invite you to participate in the first-ever "Bias in
Automatic Knowledge Graph Construction" (KG-BIAS) workshop at AKBC 2020. In
this workshop, we provide a platform for systematically investigating
different types of bias in all aspects of automatic knowledge graph (KG)
construction and downstream applications that involve KGs. Our hope is to
foster collaboration and agree on a shared research agenda by bringing
together and growing a community of researchers from a diverse set of
communities across academia, industry, and nonprofits around this important
but understudied topic.

*----Logistical details----*
The workshop will be held virtually via Zoom on June 25, 2020, and will
take place from 8.00 to 13.00 Pacific Time.

*----Registration and attendance----*
Register for the main conference and workshop(s) here:
https://www.akbc.ws/2020/

*----Keynote speakers----*
- Jahna Otterbacher (Open University of Cyprus): "Bias in data and
algorithmic systems: A 'fish-eye view' of problems, solutions and
stakeholders"
- Jieyu Zhao (University of California Los Angeles): "Detecting and
mitigating gender bias in NLP"

*----Organizing committee---*
- Edgar Meij (Bloomberg)
- Tara Safavi (University of Michigan)
- Chenyan Xiong (Microsoft Research AI)
- Miriam Redi (Wikimedia Foundation)
- Gianluca Demartini (University of Queensland)
- Fatma Özcan (IBM Research)

*----Contact and more details----*
You can find out more information at our website (https://kg-bias.github.io/)
and reach us by email at [log in to unmask]