From:
"Munteanu, Cosmin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Munteanu, Cosmin
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2014 08:55:31 -0400
[ Our apologies for multiple postings ]
[ Please forward this to colleagues, students, or collaborators ]

MobileHCI 2014 Call for Poster and Demo submissions
23-26 September 2014, Toronto, Canada
Website: http://mobilehci.acm.org/2014/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MobileHCI2014
Twitter: @ACMMobileHCI or https://twitter.com/ACMMobileHCI

* May 16, 2014: Posters Submissions
* May 16, 2014: Demos and Experiences Submissions

The MobileHCI 2014 Conference invites researchers and practitioners to submit their work to the poster and demo categories.

Work that is best suited for a poster submission includes - but is not limited to - preliminary results, provoking and current topics, novel experiences or interactions that have not been fully tested but show great promise, summaries of small-scale studies, design explorations etc. Posters provide the opportunity for researchers to get feedback on early-stage work, discuss potential collaborations and discuss the burning issues in MobileHCI in an informal manner with the larger MobileHCI community. Poster abstracts appear in the ACM DL. Copyright is retained by the authors, and the material from them can be used as the basis for future publications as long as there are "significant" revisions from the original.

The MobileHCI 2014 Demonstration and Experiences track provides a space for researchers and practitioners to bring hands-on experiences to conference attendees. We want to see and try your:
  *  Prototypes
  *  Services
  *  Devices
  *  Systems
  *  Innovative examples of mobile experiences or interactions
We encourage your demonstration to be visually or otherwise appealing and presented it in an innovative way, to attract the participation of attendees. Demos will shown during a dedicated session at the conference.

MobileHCI Conference Description

The 16th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction with Mobile Devices and Services (MobileHCI) is the premier forum for innovations in mobile, portable and personal devices and with the services to which they enable access. MobileHCI brings together people from diverse areas which provides a multidisciplinary forum for academics, hardware and software developers, designers and practitioners to discuss the challenges and potential solutions for effective interaction with and through mobile devices, applications, and services. MobileHCI maintains a small number of tracks along with a wide range of other program aspects to encourage the exchange of research results, ideas and future research endeavours.

Our conference chairs Sara Diamond (OCAD) and Aaron Quigley (University of St Andrews) on behalf of Canada's HCI community and mobile industries, OCAD University and the Graphics, Animation and New Media Network of Centres of Excellence (GRAND NCE) invite you to Toronto for MobileHCI 2014. Our conference will begin on Tuesday September the 23rd 2014 with our workshop, interactive tutorials and doctoral consortium. The main conference program follows on Wednesday September the 24th until Friday September the 26th with our papers program, demonstrations and mobile experiences, posters, design competition and industrial case studies. The organisers are looking forward to welcoming you to the first MobileHCI conference in Canada and the second only in North America in September of 2014.

We look forward to seeing you in Toronto, Canada!

The MobileHCI 2014 Organizing Chairs:

Conference Chairs ([log in to unmask])

       Aaron Quigley
              University of St. Andrews, UK
       Sara Diamond
              OCAD University, Canada

Program Chairs ([log in to unmask])

       Sriram Subramanian
              University of Manitoba, Canada
       Pourang Irani
              University of Bristol, UK

Local Arrangements Chair ([log in to unmask])

       Helmut Reichenbächer
              OCAD University, Canada

--
Dr. Cosmin Munteanu