From:
Madhu Reddy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Madhu Reddy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 2009 17:23:23 -0500
Call for Participation: CSCW Research in Healthcare: Past, Present, and
Future

CSCW 2010 workshop
Savannah, Georgia, USA
Website: http://sites.google.com/site/cscwinhc/

Healthcare is among the most complex and highly collaborative domains of
work practice in the world. CSCW research has long been interested in
healthcare including examination of electronic medical records in
collaborative clinical settings, collaborative technologies in
healthcare, and the collaborative practices of patient care teams.
Through this research, we have gained a better understanding of the role
that collaboration plays in healthcare and the types of technologies
that can support collaboration among health care workers.

Although many prior CSCW studies and technologies have focused on
clinical and hospital settings, the changing nature of healthcare
delivery also opens a larger space for CSCW research. For instance, the
concept of individuals managing their own health information
independently through a Personal Health Record (PHR) raises new
questions about collaboration mediated over differing levels of
expertise and terminology, as well as across organizational boundaries
and professional disciplines.

In this workshop, we are interested in bringing together participants
who are addressing a wide range of conceptual and technical issues in
the healthcare domain to reflect on and address these issues.

SUBMISSIONS
We welcome submission from researchers and practitioners who are
interested in issues of collaboration, technology and healthcare. For
submission details, please see our workshop website
http://sites.google.com/site/cscwinhc/.

The workshop submission should be e-mailed to Dr. Madhu Reddy
([log in to unmask]) by 5 pm PST on Nov 20. If you have any questions
about the workshop or your submission, please contact Dr. Reddy. Since
the workshop will be highly interactive, the number of participants will
be strictly limited. So, if you are interested in participating, please
submit your workshop paper by the deadline.

Participants will also be encouraged to expand their workshop papers and
submit them for consideration to a special issue of the International
Journal of Medical Informatics on Collaboration in Healthcare Settings
edited by the workshop organizers.

KEY DATES
Submission Deadline: Nov 20, 2009
Notification of Acceptance: Dec.15, 2009
Workshop Date: Feb 7, 2010
CSCW Conference: Feb 6-10, 2010

ORGANIZERS
Dr. Madhu Reddy, The Pennsylvania State University
Dr. Jakob Bardram, IT University of Copenhagen
Dr. Paul Gorman, Oregon Health & Science University