2nd Interaction Design and Human Computer Interaction Workshop
within the framework of the
5th International Conference on Typography and Visual Communication (ICTVC)
4-5 June 2013 | Department of Design & Multimedia,
University of Nicosia, Cyprus
Interaction Design is about designing interactive products to support the way people communicate and interact in their everyday and working lives. (Rogers, Sharp and Preece, 2011)
Human computer interaction (HCI), a component of Interaction Design, is concerned with the design, evaluation and implementation of interactive computing systems for the human use and with the study of major phenomena surrounding them (ACM SIGCHI, 1992).
Most people today spend a significant part of their lives in front of a screen, interacting with a computer, a smartphone or a tablet to get their work done, to communicate, to hold meetings, to learn, to socialize with friends, to play games, and so on. This interaction has to therefore be carefully studied, so that designers make well-argued decisions and users are supported by a well-designed interface that offers an optimal user experience.
The goal of this workshop is to bring together academics, researchers and practitioners whose work is related to interaction design and human computer interaction.
The workshop is endorsed by ACM SIGCHI Cyprus.
Topics of interest include:
◦ Interaction Design and Devices
◦ Interaction Design and the Web
◦ Social Interaction Design
◦ Interaction Design and Children
◦ Affective Aspects in Interaction Design
◦ Prototyping Methods
◦ Evaluation and Usability
◦ HCI in eLearning
◦ User Experience
◦ HCI education
◦ Accessibility issues
Please submit a 300-500-word abstract no later than 15 December 2012. Submissions should be in English and must be made electronically to [log in to unmask] in the form of a Word or PDF document attached to your email. Abstracts should outline your topic and main argument(s) and should include your name, position, place of study/employment as well as the title of the workshop (e.g. ID & HCI).
Authors will receive feedback concerning their submissions by 28 February 2013.
The Workshop proceedings will be part of the 5th ICTVC Conference Proceedings. The corresponding presentations will appear on the Workshop’s website.
Program committee members:
• Aimilia Tzanavari, University of Nicosia, Cyprus (Chair)
• George Caridakis, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
• Chris Christou, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
• Georgios Christou, European University Cyprus, Cyprus
• Christos Fidas, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
• Petros Georgiakakis, University of Piraeus, Greece
• Panagiotis Germanakos, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
• Andrina Granic, University of Split, Croatia
• Andreas Gregoriades, European University Cyprus, Cyprus
• Andri Ioannou, Cyprus University of Technology, Cyprus
• Kostas Karpouzis, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
• Effie Lai-Chong Law, University of Leicester, UK
• Fernando Loizides, Cyprus University of Technology, Cyprus
• Eleni Michailidou, Cyprus University of Technology, Cyprus
• Paschalis Paschali, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
• Amaryllis Raouzaiou, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
• Simos Retalis, University of Piraeus, Greece
• Peter Van Rosmalen, Open Universiteit Nederland, The Netherlands
• Nicolas Tsapatsoulis, Cyprus University of Technology, Cyprus
• Panayiotis Zaphiris, Cyprus University of Technology, Cyprus
For further information, or if you have any queries about the workshop, please visit the workshop’s website (https://sites.google.com/site/idhciworkshop/) or contact the organizer:
Aimilia Tzanavari, Ph.D., Multimedia Usability Lab, Department of Design & Multimedia, University of Nicosia, Nicosia, CYPRUS, at [log in to unmask]
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org