From:
Joe Grant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 10:38:53 -0600
The Usability Professionals Association will hold its annual conference
from June 22 to June 26, 1998, at the Grand Hyatt in Washington, D.C.
UPA Conferences offer a fantastic opportunity for new and experienced
usability practitioners to meet and to learn from each other, both
formally and informally. Our plans include workshops, tutorials,
presentations, posters, special interest lunch groups, lab visits, and
an enjoyable evening out.

This year's theme, Capitalizing on Usability, reflects a special
opportunity presented to usability advocates. In collaboration with the
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), the UPA will
feature Government Day as part of the 1998 Conference.

Ben Shneiderman of the University of Maryland will deliver the keynote
address.

The UPA gratefully acknowledges the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, the
Census Bureau, Lucent Technologies, Microsoft, M&I Data Services, NASA
Goddard Space Flight Center, the National Science Foundation, and Sun
Microsystems as major sponsors of our 1998 Conference.

Please consult http://www.UPAssoc.org for more information.  UPA members

will be receiving an Advance Program in the mail shortly.

We look forward to seeing you in Washington, D.C.!

Joe Grant
Chair of Public Relations, 1998 UPA Conference
http://www.UPAssoc.org