From:
Leigh Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leigh Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2019 20:06:58 +0000
Due to several requests, we have extended the submission deadline for our CHI 2019 workshop on speech interface interaction to 22nd February.

The rest of the submission details remain the same:

http://speech-interaction.org/chi2019 <http://speech-interaction.org/chi2019>

Speech as an interaction modality has grown through the integration of Intelligent Personal Assistants (IPAs) like Google Assistant and Siri into mobile and home-based devices. This collaborative workshop focuses on theories and methods we can use to understand user behaviours with speech interfaces.

Through the workshop we will establish what theories, concepts, and paradigms are important in understanding our interaction choices with speech interfaces, and potential new theoretical frame- works required to explore them. We will critically evaluate existing methodologies used to explore these interactions and determine priority areas for improving methods to explore the theories and paradigms identified.

This workshop brings together researchers and practitioners from any domain interested in understanding user interaction behaviours with speech interfaces. Interested researchers are invited to submit position papers outlining a theory, concept or paradigm and related research methods and highlight their importance in understanding user behaviour in speech interface interactions.

Position papers should be 2 pages maximum (excluding references) in the CHI EA format and submitted by February 22nd. Papers will be reviewed by the organisers and chosen based on 1) relevance to the workshop; 2) quality of the contribution; 3) ability to contribute to discussion. Once accepted, at least one author must register for the workshop and at least one day of the CHI 2019 conference. Qeries should be sent to [log in to unmask] See the workshop website for more information.

Important Dates: [22nd February 2019]: Position paper deadline. [1st March 2019]: Notification of acceptance.