From:
Olivier St-Cyr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Olivier St-Cyr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 2020 15:10:28 +0000
Dear HCI colleagues:

We are pleased to announce two special online sessions of EduCHI, a community of practice dedicated to HCI Education.

Teaching HCI Online<https://hcilivingcurriculum.org/events/teaching-hci-online/>
Friday, July 10th, 2020 11:00am America/New York (see your local time<https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/?t=11%3A00a&tz=New%20York&>)

The emergence of COVID-19 forced nearly every university to quickly shift to a fully online teaching environment, leaving most faculty with little time to prepare. With the pandemic still impacting communities around the world, there remains a great deal of uncertainty about what “teaching HCI” will look like in Fall 2020 and beyond. Whether you’re a seasoned online teacher or just figuring things out as a first-time instructor, please join us for an informal virtual conversation about adapting your HCI courses to fully online or hybrid formats.

To register visit: https://pratt.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYrcO2rpzkqGN0-AIlajBlAjVC0p2dV9J9b

Diversifying HCI Curricula<https://hcilivingcurriculum.org/events/diversifying-hci-curricula/>
Friday, August 7th, 2020 10:00am America/New York (see your local time<https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/?t=11%3A00a&tz=New%20York&>)

The May 2020 murder of George Floyd by a white police officer in Minnesota sparked an unprecedented display of global solidarity and support for the Black Lives Matter movement. It also crystallized for many the moral imperative for all individuals, and especially educators, to critically examine their role in creating and perpetuating systems of racial discrimination and white supremacy. As part of this movement, we invite all members of the EduCHI community to participate in a virtual conversation to discuss and share strategies to diversify and decolonize our curricula and create inclusive, safe, and welcome spaces for all learners regardless of race, gender identity, religion, or culture.

To register visit: https://pratt.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYrde6rqjkiHdHD-JI8GwzBNeDmfwrOhmZq

The main goal of the sessions is to build resource pages to be part of the HCI Living Curriculum. We aim for participants to talk about and share articles, papers, syllabi, teaching techniques, assignment/assessment, exercises, active learning activities, etc. to be posted online at: https://hcilivingcurriculum.org/, a repository of HCI teaching resources and materials currently under construction. All shared resources and materials will be posted following each session.

We encourage participants to attend the online sessions and share their teaching experiences and resources. If you cannot attend the session(s), but would like to be involved, please contact us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> and we will make sure to include your contribution. All authors must agree to have their materials/resources accessible from our public community of practice website. All authors will retain copyrights of their materials. Proper credits will be part of each resource posted.

Best,

Craig MacDonald, Pratt Institute
Olivier St-Cyr, University of Toronto

Join are Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HCI.Education/