From:
Per Backlund <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Per Backlund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Mar 2015 11:56:25 +0000
Dear colleague,

This is the final call for papers for the 2015 VS-Games in Sweden.
The organizers are happy to announce that we will invite authors of selected papers to submit their work to The Visual Computer or the Journal of Computing in Higher Education.

We are also happy to announce two invited speakers: Dr Ernst Kruijff and game designer Raph Koster. Read more on: http://www.his.se/vsgames2015/

The Seventh International Conference on Virtual Worlds and Games for Serious Applications: VS-Games 2015 will be held in Skövde, Sweden between September 16th and 18th.
VS-Games 2015 aims to meet the challenges of the cross-disciplinary community that work around non-leisure applications of games and game technologies by bringing the community together to share knowledge and experiences. In 2015 we will also aim to bridge the gap between so called serious games and entertainment games. The reason we chose to do this in Skövde in 2015 is the strong interest of University of Skövde and Sweden Game Arena in both areas and we sincerely believe that we can learn from each other.
The conference will explore games and virtual worlds in relation to:
. Applications (e.g. case studies, exemplars, practice examples) illustrating the practical usefulness and impact of serious games and virtual worlds . Applications of entertainment games technologies and solutions in non-leisure contexts . Methodologies, theories and frameworks (e.g. participatory design methods, mixed methodologies for data collection and analysis, cross-disciplinary methods) . Evaluation approaches and studies

Full call for papers and other information available from: http://www.his.se/vsgames2015/

Important dates and submission:
 Full Paper submission (8 pages): 31st March 2015
Short Paper submission (4 pages): 31st March 2015
Poster Paper submission (2 pages) 31st March 2015
Notification of review results: 5th June, 2015
Camera ready due: 30th June, 2015

Kind regards,
Per Backlund
www.his.se/bacp