Sender:
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2020 18:22:19 +0000
From:
Koch Janin <[log in to unmask]>
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

Due to multiple requests, we extended the submission deadline
Submission Deadline: Feb 11th 2020
Submission Deadline: Feb 18th 2020

Where Art Meets Technology: The First Workshop on Integrating Tangible and Intelligent Tools in Creative Processes.

Sunday 26th April 2020, Honolulu, Hawai’i, USA

https://userinterfaces.aalto.fi/WhereArtMeetsTechnology/

This CHI 2020 workshop aims to create a deeper understanding of designing and evaluating new and existing interaction technologies, and their societal implications to creative practices. We invite submissions from practitioners and researchers in disciplines such as human factors, computer science, art, and HCI, who are interested in exploring digital technology in art and design practices.

In a one-day workshop, we will start off with lightning talks from organizers, and demos from accepted participants. We continue with an ideation method called dialogue-labs to generate new ideas for future interaction technologies or evaluation methods for their societal implications on computational creative practices. In the second half of the workshop, participants will build prototypes using pen and paper, Lego, or other materials.

The submission should address a topic related to novel tangible and digital technologies for art and design practices. This includes designing/exploring tangible prototypes for digital experiences, creativity support tools for practitioners, and AI/ML-based tools.

Participants are asked to submit 2 to 4-page position papers (in CHI Extended Abstract PDF format) via the workshop website (userinterfaces.aalto.fi/WhereArtMeetsTechnology<http://userinterfaces.aalto.fi/WhereArtMeetsTechnology>) by 18 February 2020 presenting aspects of their own work (or work-in-progress) relevant to the core themes of the workshop, and areas of interest described in the proposal.

Submissions should also include a short personal biography (max 200 words). These papers will be reviewed by the organizing committee, supported by a wider program committee where necessary.

At least one author of each accepted position paper must register and attend the workshop. For questions, please contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.