Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2012 17:36:06 +0000
Dear all

University of Kent has announced 100 PhD studentships across all
research disciplines, including HCI.

Please see the following links for the studentships:
http://www.kent.ac.uk/scholarships/postgraduate/50th_anniversary.html

and the list of projects in HCI (listed under digital media)
http://www.eda.kent.ac.uk/postgraduate/projects_funding/pgr_projects.aspx

The School of Engineering and Digital Arts has a range of exciting
HCI-related activities including:

a) The use of gesture-based interaction for 3D virtual world among
older users. Funded by EPSRC, in collaboration with a game company in
the Netherlands, and AgeUK

b) Design of technology for the digitally excluded such as older
people. Funded by EPSRC in collaboration with Age UK, University of
Leeds, and University of Dundee

c) The use of Brain Computer Interfaces for patients with brain injury
to assess emotions. Funded by the University of Kent in collaboration
with Kent and Canterbury Hospital. This is collaborative work with
electronic engineering.

d) We have also a number of PhD students working on 3D visualisation
of historic cities, and we collaborate with the School of Archeology
and the School of Architecture.

f) The design of interactive platform to encourage positive health
behaviour change, funded by NIHR, in collaboration with UCL, London

All these project make use of our department's state-of-the-art 3D
scanner, motion capture technology,  green screen studio, bio-sensors
(eye tracking, EEG, GSR, etc).

If you are interested in a project not listed there, but nevertheless
think that the project is in line with the department's HCI research
activities, please contact Jim Ang, [log in to unmask]

Best regards,
Dr Jim (CS) Ang

Lecturer in Multimedia and Digital Systems
Jennison Building, Room 117
School of Engineering and Digital Arts
University of Kent
Phone: +44 (0) 1227 827783
Fax: +44 (0)1227 456084

http://www.eda.kent.ac.uk/
http://twitter.com/edakent/
http://www.facebook.com/edakent

--

Think green. Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely
necessary! thanks.