Sender:
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2018 03:35:29 -0600
From:
Yong Zheng <[log in to unmask]>
*** Please forward to anyone who might be interested ***
                   Call for Papers: ACM RecSys 2018
                                to be held in
                  Vancouver, Canada, 2nd-7th October 2018
                        https://recsys.acm.org/recsys18/

*Call for Papers*

We are pleased to invite you to contribute to the Twelfth ACM Conference on
Recommender Systems (RecSys 2018), the premier venue for research and
applications of recommendation technologies. The upcoming RecSys conference
will be held in Vancouver, Canada on October 3rd 2018. The conference will
continue RecSys’ practice of connecting the research and practitioner
communities to exchange ideas, frame problems, and share solutions. All
accepted papers will be published by ACM.

We construe recommender systems broadly, including applications ranging
from e-commerce to social networking, and a wide variety of technologies
ranging from collaborative filtering to knowledge-based reasoning or deep
learning. We welcome new research on recommendation technologies coming
from very diverse communities ranging from psychology to mathematics. In
particular, we care as much about the underlying algorithms and systems as
we care about the human and economic impact of these systems.

Topics of interest for RecSys 2018 include (but are not limited to):
* Conversational recommender systems * Novel machine learning approaches to
recommendation algorithms
* Evaluation metrics and studies * Explanations and evidence * Algorithm
scalability, performance, and implementations
* Innovative/New applications
* Voice, VR, and other novel interaction paradigms
* Case studies of real-world implementations
* Preference elicitation
* Privacy and Security
* Economic models and consequences of recommender systems
* Personalisation
* Social recommenders
* User modelling

Authors will be asked to assign a selection of predefined custom tags to
describe their paper in the submission system. Tags can be assigned to
indicate algorithms, interfaces, automated or user-centric evaluations, for
example. Reviewers will also report their expertise over these tags, and
the information will be used in review assignments.

*PAPER SUBMISSION CATEGORIES *

LONG PAPERS should report on substantial contributions of lasting value.
The maximum length is 8 pages (plus up to 1 page references). Each accepted
long paper will be included in the conference proceedings and presented in
a plenary session as part of the main conference program.  Each accepted
long paper will also be allocated a presentation slot in a poster session
to encourage discussion and follow up between authors and attendees. We
expect the review process to be highly selective: the acceptance rates for
full papers in the past three years was slightly over 20%.

SHORT PAPERS typically discuss exciting new work that is not yet mature
enough for a long paper. In particular, novel but significant proposals
will be considered for acceptance to this category despite not having gone
through sufficient experimental validation or lacking strong theoretical
foundation. Applications of recommender systems to novel areas are
especially welcome. The maximum length is 4 pages (plus up to 1 page
references). Each accepted short paper will be included in the conference
proceedings and presented in a poster session. The poster presentation may
include a system demonstration. Selected short papers will be invited as
oral presentations. Note that rejected long paper submissions will not be
considered as short papers.

*SIGCHI SUBMITTER AGREEMENT*

RecSys 2018 is a SIGCHI conference and making a submission to a SIGCHI
conference is a serious matter. Submissions require time and effort by
SIGCHI volunteers to organise and manage the reviewing process, and, if the
submission is accepted, the publication and presentation process. Thus,
anyone who submits to RecSys 2018 implicitly confirms the following
statements: 1. I confirm that this submission is the work of myself and my
co-authors. 2. I confirm that I or my co-authors hold copyright to the
content, and have obtained appropriate permissions for any portions of the
content that are copyrighted by others. 3. I confirm that any research
reported in this submission involving human subjects has gone through the
appropriate approval process at my institution. 4. I confirm that if this
paper is accepted, I or one of my co-authors will attend the conference.
Papers that are not presented at the conference by an author may be removed
from the proceedings at the discretion of the program chairs.

*PAPER FORMAT AND SUBMISSION *

All submissions and reviews will be handled electronically. RecSys 2018
submissions should be prepared according to the standard double-column ACM
SIG proceedings format. Additional information about formatting and style
files is available online at
http://www.acm.org/publications/article-templates/proceedings-template.html.
Papers must be submitted to PCS2  by 23:59, AoE (Anywhere on Earth) on May
7th, 2018. There will be no extensions to the submission deadline.

The peer review process is double-blind (i.e. anonymised). This means that
all submissions must not include information identifying the authors or
their organisation. Specifically, do not include the authors’ names and
affiliations, anonymise citations to your previous work and avoid providing
any other information that would allow to identify the authors, such as
acknowledgments and funding.  Submitted work should be original.
Simultaneous submissions to other conferences or journals is explicitly
prohibited by ACM policies. However, technical reports or ArXiv disclosure
prior to or simultaneous with RecSys submission, is allowed, provided they
are not peer-reviewed. Please refer to the ACM Publication License
Agreement for further details.

Please take note that the official publication date is the date the
proceedings are made available in the ACM Digital Library. This date may be
up to two weeks prior to the first day of the conference. The official
publication date affects the deadline for any patent filings related to
published work.

*IMPORTANT DATES *

* Abstract submission deadline: April 30th, 2018
* Paper submission deadline: May 7th, 2018
* Author notification: July 9th, 2018
* Camera-ready version deadline: August 6th, 2018

Deadlines refer to 23:59 (11:59pm) in the AoE (Anywhere on Earth) time
zone.

*PROGRAM CHAIRS *
* Xavier Amatriain, Curai, USA
* John O’Donovan, UCSB, USA