Audrey Girouard <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 27 Jun 2016 18:14:23 +0000
Forwarding a survey on research funding as requested below. I have no affiliation with the researchers or project.

Audrey Girouard

From: Jeremy Kerr [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2016 1:57 PM
Subject: Fundamental and Applied Research in Canada

Do you think secure funding for your research is important?

If so, we need your help!

We are working with the Global Young Academy working group, 'The Importance of Fundamental Research<http://globalyoungacademy.net/activities/importance-of-fundamental-research/>'. We have launched a new online survey, 'Perspectives of Funding for Fundamental Research' and the results will be featured in our upcoming report. It takes only 5-7 minutes to complete. We are aiming to complete this work rapidly to ensure it can inform the national research funding review<http://www.sciencereview.ca/eic/site/059.nsf/eng/home> that will report to the Minister of Science by December.

The survey is aimed at independent researchers (e.g. Principal Investigators in academia, research institutes, and industry) with at least a few years experience applying for their own research grants.

We are asking for your help to do two things:

1)   Click here<http://uottawa.fluidsurveys.com/s/FUNsurvey/> to take the survey today. Ethics approval (University of Victoria) is described on the survey web site.
2)   Help us spread the word by disseminating the survey as broadly as possible. Please share the survey with list serves for the scientific societies of which you are a member, with the senior and young academies in your country, with colleagues in your department, with science-based departments, agencies and companies in your network, and on social media.

Gratefully,

Professor Jeremy Kerr (University of Ottawa)
Professor Julia Baum (University of Victoria)
Dr. Megan Dodd (McMaster University)