From:
"REEVES, Nina" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
REEVES, Nina
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 15:24:34 +0100
> 1st Call for Papers
> HCI 2000 Usability or else!
>
> Sept 5-8, 2000
> University of Sunderland
> St Peter's Campus
>
> http://www.bcs.org.uk/hci/hci2000       (Apologies for cross posting)
>
> HCI 2000 will cover all main areas of HCI research and practice, but
> will focus on usability engineering for e-business.  While HCI approaches
> have penetrated many application areas, bringing clear benefits over the
> last
> decade, electronic business will nail down usability as an essential
> design goal.  The HCI community will be expected to respond with
> ever-improved methods, techniques and design approaches that ensure that
> usability is taken seriously from conception through design and
> development to
> installation and operation.

Industry Day - Call for Papers - by May 3, 2000

We invite short and long papers for Industry Day.

Long papers must fulfil the requirements for papers submitted to the
main conference, but should be between 4 and 6 pages long; short papers
are two pages long, as for Late Breaking Track papers.

Please use the Volume 2 format (see website) for all Industry Day
submissions.

We are seeking papers on any topic described under conference topics,
but which take a clear industry perspective, such as, but not
exclusively:

- Case studies of product and service design
- Examples of "before and after"
- Adaptations of theoretical methods in an industrial setting
- Cost benefits to businesses of undertaking user centred design
- Design for internet (e.g. e-commerce, WAP)
- Making use of academic results in development
- Successful academic/industrial collaborations
- Organisation of HCI functions within Industry

Industry Day papers will be reviewed by a panel of industrial referees,
who will assess the relevance of the paper to HCI professionals, as
well as the quality of the work and its presentation.

Industry Day papers are one track for the late breaking call for HCI
2000.  Industrially relevant panels and organisational overviews can
also be submitted.  Short papers and posters submitted to the Late
Breaking Track will be reviewed by a mixed panel of academics and
industrialists.

Contact details:
Industry Day chair (Mary Jones - [log in to unmask]).

Queries about panels, organisational overviews or late breaking papers and
posters, please contact the relevant area chair.

Conference Office email: [log in to unmask]