Sender:
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 2020 16:04:40 +0000
From:
Sebastian Büttner <[log in to unmask]>
**Apologies for cross-postings**

CALL FOR CHAPTER PROPOSALS

Human-Technology Interaction
Shaping the Future of Industrial User Interfaces

To be published by Springer (Springer Nature)<http://www.springer.com/> in early 2022

Submission Dates:

Chapter Proposal: on or before January 31, 2021
    (Feedback with approx. 14 days)

Full Chapter: May 15, 2021
    (Double-blind Review until July 19, 2021)

Final Chapter: September 30, 2021

Website: https://sites.google.com/view/human-technology-interaction

Background:

In recent years, the way of manufacturing products changed tremendously: While manufacturing systems have been isolated in the past, todays manufacturing systems are networked system components that contain computational intelligence and communication facilities allowing the formation of highly flexible and smart manufacturing systems.
This current development is often referred to as “Industry 4.0”.

While the establishment of smart manufacturing enables a more flexible and efficient way of producing goods, the new practice is often highly complex for the operators and supervisors of such systems, creating new questions for research in human-computer interaction (HCI) and design.
In addition, there has been another trend changing the interaction between users and manufacturing systems. Recent technological developments, such as mobile and wearable devices, multitouch-screens, virtual and augmented reality and gesture recognition create new posibilites to interact with machines.

In this book we want to provide an interdisciplinary overview on the topic "Human-Technology Interaction" in the context of Industry 4.0.
We invite researchers from different disciplines (computer science, economics, social sciences, etc.) to present the current state of research with regard to future interactions with production environments, smart factories, or cyber-physical systems.
With this book, we want to develop a joint vision of how to design future interactions in order to optimally unfold technical and human potential.

Topics:

Methodology
- Usability of I4.0 Systems
- Methods for Designing Industrial Systems
- Prototyping
- Participatory Design
- Tools for Design, Modeling, and Evaluation

Concepts and Applications
- Novel Interaction Concepts
- Industrial Interaction Design
- Trade-off between Technical and User Requirements
- Industrial Application of Existing Technologies and Concepts

Technology and Systems
- Enabling Technologies
- Devices for Human-Technology Interaction
- Ubiquitous and Pervasive Computing
- Artificial Intelligence in HCI

Evaluations
- Empirical Studies (Laboratory or Field Studies)
- Quantitative and Qualitative Evaluations
- Industrial Case-Studies
- Implications for Work

And Others

Contact: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

https://sites.google.com/view/human-technology-interaction