From:
"Christer, Kirsty" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christer, Kirsty
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2019 15:17:10 +0000
[cid:image001.png@01D56FCE.D9517CC0]DesignLab at University of Twente, Waag | technology & society, Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences and Lab4Living at Sheffield Hallam University are pleased to invite papers from researchers and practitioners for the sixth European Design4Health conference 2020<https://www.aanmelder.nl/design4health2020>, in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

Wed 1 - Fri 3 July 2020 (Doctoral colloquium Tue 30 June).

The future is now! The overall theme for this conference is Designing Future Health and we particularly welcome submissions which consider the role of design in the future of health and healthcare.

We invite submissions in the form of Abstracts (300 word paper proposals) and Posters.

Submissions which consider how past trends and current research might inform future practice are encouraged. For instance, papers which look to the past to build our understanding of citizenship, public health, buildings, and those which reflect on how the role of the designer and healthcare practitioner continues evolve.

Themes:

I)                    Designing the future of health

II)                  Designing citizen science and community-driven care

III)                 Designing for Urban Vitality

IV)                Care model design

V)                  Designing personalized eHealth technology

VI)                Health data design/digital self

VII)              Sustainable health and wellbeing

VIII)            Wildcard: Designing dystopian futures: Why would you do that? Chindōgu (珍道具) is a prank originating from Japan, which is done by a person seemingly inventing ingenious everyday gadgets that seem like an ideal solution to a particular problem, but are in fact nothing more than a useless gag. How does health respond to the design? Responsibilities and consequences.

We also welcome papers focussed on Methods, Ethics, Evaluation, Education and Training that cross-link into one or more of the themes listed above.
We also ask when the papers are submitted if the author(s) want to bring in an Artefact that will be shown at the exhibition.
The deadline for submissions is Sunday 1st December 2019, 23:59 (CET)

Full details and registration are now open:   https://www.aanmelder.nl/design4health2020
Submission is now open:                    https://conference.shu.ac.uk/index.php/events/design4health2020
Contact for general conference information: Anke de Koning, Netherlands. [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Join the conversation: D4H mailing list<https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=DESIGN4HEALTH> @design4health<https://twitter.com/design4health> #D4H2020

---
Kirsty Christer
Lab4Living<http://www.lab4living.org.uk/> – Comms.| Design4Health<http://www.design4health.org.uk/> – Co-ord.