From:
Alan Dix <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 9 May 2016 09:23:32 +0100
HCI and the Educational Technology Revolution (HCIed2016)

**  REMOTE PARTICIPATION AVAILABLE  **

Tuesday, 7th June 2016, AVI2016 Bari, Italy

A workshop exploring the challenges for human-computer interaction and
education at a time of radical change

MOOCs, peer learning, OER, flip classroom, learning analytics, ...
* How do we better design interactions for new educational experiences?
* How can these techniques be applied to HCI education?
* What does this mean for society?

co-chairs: Alan Dix, Alessio Malizia, Silvia Gabrielli
enquiries: [log in to unmask]
website:   http://alandix.com/hcied2016/

Education is Changing
=====================
While educational technology has a long pedigree, the last few years have
seen dramatic changes. These have included the rise and
institutionalisation of MOOCs, and other web-based initiatives such as Kahn
Academy and Peer-to-Peer University (P2PU). Classrooms have also been
transformed with growing use of mobile devices and forms of flipped
classroom; and educational progress and engagement has been increasingly
measured leading to institutional and individual learning analytics.

Workshop Goals
==============
This workshop seeks to understand the interaction of these issues with
human–computer interaction in a number of ways:
*  what HCI has to contribute to these educational changes in terms of the
design of authoring and learning platforms, and the wider socio-political
implications of increasingly metric-driven governance?
*  how will these changes affect HCI education?
Together practice-based and theoretical approaches will help us build a
clear understanding of the current state and future challenges for
educational technology and HCI.

Remote Submissions
==================
We know that there are a number of people, who were interested in this
workshop, but were not able to attend in person. Given this and inspired by
Learning at Scale’s recent flip conference, we would like to offer a form
of remote participation.  We will not attempt to stream live as this is
often hard to achieve reliably even in one’s home location, but we will try
to make materials available online as soon as possible and also to offer
online discussion before and after the workshop. Remote participants should
be prepared to engage with the workshop as far as possible, and in
particular read and comment on position papers of both physical and remote
participants.

remote submission deadline: 23rd May 2016

full details:
http://alandix.com/hcied2016/call-for-participation/remote-participation/

--

Professor Alan Dix