Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2006 15:46:04 -0700
I would appreciate your help in sharing this with people in your
organization. Thank you.  - BJ Fogg

--------------------------

Call for Papers

PERSUASIVE 07 - The Second International Conference on Persuasive
Technology

26-27 April 2007, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California

Can a web site persuade you to be politically active? Can a mobile
phone motivate you to exercise? Does instant feedback on gasoline use
change how people drive? Do online rating systems inspire people to
behave better online?

PERSUASIVE 07 will focus on how digital technology can motivate and
influence people. This event will bring together researchers,
designers, and developers interested in computers designed to change
human attitudes and behaviors in positive ways.

Key themes of PERSUASIVE 07 include health, education,
sustainability, productivity, social relationships, trust,
credibility, ethics and more. Technologies of interest include web
sites, mobile phones, video games, and electronic devices, among others.

Call for Papers

Academics and practitioners are invited to submit their work for
presentation at PERSUASIVE 07 at Stanford University, Palo Alto,
California on April 26-27, 2007.

The conference welcomes original papers based on empirical studies of
technologies designed to change attitudes or behaviors. Also welcome
are papers that advance theoretical understanding of persuasion
dynamics, methods for research, and related ethical issues. We also
seek case studies of the highest quality that give insight into the
design or distribution of persuasive technology products. We will
select papers using a blind peer-review process.

Submission Deadline: December 15, 2006.

For more information, see http://www.persuasivetechnology.org/

Dr. BJ Fogg (conference organizer): [log in to unmask]
prof.dr. Cees Midden (paper review chair): [log in to unmask]