Sender: "ACM SIGCHI General Interest Announcements (Mailing List)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: "Richard I. Anderson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 12:34:20 -0700
In case you've not seen it yet, the DUX 2005 CFP is available at
www.dux2005.org.

More info:

=====
AIGA, ACM SIGGRAPH and SIGCHI Announces DUX2005 will be held November
3-5, 2005, in San Francisco, California

(San Francisco, CA - March 15, 2005) AIGA, ACM SIGGRAPH and SIGCHI
today announce the 2nd international DUX conference, "Designing for
User Experience," will take place 3-5 November, in San Francisco, CA
at the beautiful Fort Mason Center.

"We are pleased to announce the 2nd DUX conference as well as the
release of the Call for Participation," said the conference chairs,
Richard Anderson, Brian Blau, and John Zapolski. "We invite design
professionals from all disciplines to contribute studies of specific
cases, best practices, and research, so the community can benefit
from others' successes and insights." More information and the Call
for Participation can be found at the conference website,
http://www.dux2005.org

The DUX2005 program will focus on interaction design and visual
communication. Leading this effort are Program Chairs Clark
Dodsworth, Nancy Frishberg and Rakhi Rajani. Its focus reflects
current trends in innovative user experience designs in areas that
include mobile device interfaces, data visualization, design process,
responsive environments, public art installations and live
performance interfaces, consumer products and services, appliances,
and game interaction. This broad range of topic areas ensures
relevant, fresh, and meaningful submissions from the experience
design community.

DUX2005 invites submissions in four categories: Design Case Studies,
Design Practice Studies, Design Research Studies, and (briefer)
Design Sketches.  Studies report on implemented designs and the
methods and techniques people have used, specifying what worked, what
did not work, and why. Sketches report on works in progress. Both
studies and sketches will be presented in at the DUX2005 conference
in an intimate theater setting. Individual presentations will
complement panel discussions, group presentations and tutorials.

Information about submissions and the submission kit will be posted
on the web site on April 21, 2005. In late May we will post
additional information about the conference, registration and hotel
availability.

The conference committee invites all interested parties to read more
about the conference and the Call for Participation at
http://www.dux2005.org
=====
--
___