From:
Arnaud Prouzeau <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Arnaud Prouzeau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2020 01:30:00 -0700
Dear All,
We are now looking for submissions for our ACM e-Energy Workshop on Urban
Visualisations at e-Energy 2020, Melbourne, Australia, June 22 - 26.

Workshop Website: https://cityvis.io/workshop.php

Tweet (to re-tweet): https://twitter.com/sgeoviz/status/1212875631047790592

Please, distribute widely.

Thanks!

/Sarah Goodwin, Arnaud Prouzeau, Barrett Ens, Kody Anh Nguyen/

———————

Visualization as a tool for analysis, exploration and communication has
become a driving force in the task of unravelling the complex urban fabrics
that form our cities. Yet, there is a crucial need to bridge the gap between
the flood of urban data and the capacity of decision makers to integrate
that data into effective and informed decisions. This workshop series is
looking to critically assess this notion and ask how data and data
visualization can be used to serve and better understand or even organize
urban processes, focusing on an explicitly “human-centric” perspective. This
perspective should support and improve the understanding and the
utilizations of data for all stakeholders - from governments and companies
to citizens.

Previous CityVis Workshops:  2018 (IEEE VIS)
<https://cityvis.io/workshop-2018.php>  ,  2019 (IEEE VIS)
<https://cityvis.io/workshop-2019.php>
*Call for papers*

The energy sector is seeing substantial technological and analytical
enhancements enabling the delivery of smart systems via sensors, monitors
and other digital technologies as well as improvements to predictions,
forecasts and models throughout the industry. This emerging data is not only
growing in volume, but in its complexity. This complexity increases as we
draw connections with other urban infrastructures and incorporate
populations. Visualization and visual analytics offer a vast array of
opportunities for the energy domain and we are seeing a new era of ‘Energy
Data Visualization’ emerging as a key topic of growing importance. With this
workshop, we propose to bring together scientists, researchers and
practitioners from the energy field to discuss the many challenges and goals
in regard to Energy Data Visualization, with a specific focus on Energy
Resilient Cities.

During the workshop, co-located with ACM e-Energy 2020 Conference, we would
like to outline the specific field and therefore invite innovative ideas,
design concepts, requirement analysis and work-in-progress in the following
technical scope:
- *Energy Visualisation contexts*: smart cities / smart homes / smart
buildings, energy policy and governance, power grids, net-zero initiatives,
energy consumers and analysis
- *Energy Visualisation challenges*: uncertainty visualization,
spatio-temporal visualization, network visualization
- *Use of Disruptive technologies*: open source, open analytics and open
workflows, machine learning, AI, VR/XR, tangible interfaces
- *Energy Data Concepts*: related to quantified self, citizen science, open
data portals, open (data) standards, big data & real-time data challenges
- *Human Interaction & user-centric design*: co-creation design methods,
visualization for decision support and decision making, evaluation methods,
stakeholder- & requirement analysis, visualizations for experts vs. general
public

During the workshop, participants will be given a brief introductory
presentation by the organizers to outline the workshop scope, followed by a
selection of case study presentations (chosen from the accepted papers). The
rest of the workshop will consist of interactive activities, making use of
creative design thinking techniques, to encourage participants to
collaboratively try to refine the definition of the energy data
visualization theme, through identifying our collective goals and
challenges.

*Submissions*

We are accepting: Short papers, up to 4 pages in 9-point ACM double-column
format (i.e., excluding references) and unlimited number of pages for
appendices and references, double-blind.

The submission must be in PDF format and be formatted according to the
official ACM Proceedings format. Papers that do not meet the size and
formatting requirements may not be reviewed. Word and LaTeX templates are
available on the ACM Publications Website. Submission implies the
willingness of at least one author to register and present the paper at the
workshop.

Submit here:  https://eenergy20cityvis.hotcrp.com/
<https://eenergy20cityvis.hotcrp.com/>

*Timeline*

- 15th Feb 2020: Submission Deadline
- 15th March 2020: Author Notification
- 1st May 2020: Camera-Ready Deadline
- 26th June 2020: Workshop

*Organizers*
- Sarah Goodwin, Monash University, VIC
- Arnaud Prouzeau, Monash University, VIC
- Barrett Ens, Monash University, VIC
- Kody Anh Nguyen, Monash University, VIC

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with us:

Sent from: http://acm-sigchi.1086187.n5.nabble.com/HCI-acm-org-Announce-f3.html