[Apologies if you got multiple copies of this invitation]
The Fourth International Conference on Fog and Mobile Edge Computing
Rome, Italy. June 10-13, 2019
(Technically Co-Sponsored by IEEE Italy Section)
Cloud computing provides large range of services and virtually unlimited available resources for users. New applications, such as virtual reality and smart building control, have emerged due to the large number of resources and services brought by cloud computing. However, the delay-sensitive applications face the problem of large latency, especially when several smart devices and objects are getting involved in human’s life such as the case of smart cities or Internet of Things. Therefore, cloud computing is unable to meet the requirements of low latency, location awareness, and mobility support. To solve this problem, researchers have introduced a trusted and dependable solution through the Fog and the Mobile Edge Computing (FMEC) to put the services and resources of the cloud closer to users, which facilitates the leveraging of available services and resources in the edge networks. By this, we are moving from the core (cloud data centers) to the edge of the network closer to the users. FMEC dependability is based on providing user centric service. The purpose of Fog and the Mobile Edge Computing is to run the heavy real-time applications at the network edge directly using the billions of connected mobile devices. Several features enable the Fog and the Mobile Edge Computing to be a perfect paradigm to the aforementioned purpose, which are the dense geographical deployment of servers, supporting mobility and the closeness to users. As in every new technology, some challenges face the vision of the Fog and the Mobile Edge Computing, which are the administrative policies and security concerns (i.e. secure data storage, secure computation, network security, data privacy, usage privacy, location privacy, etc).
FMEC 2019 conference aims to investigate the opportunities and requirements for Mobile Edge Computing dominance. In addition, it seeks for novel contributions that help mitigating Mobile Edge Computing challenges. That is, the objective of FMEC 2019 is to provide a forum for scientists, engineers, and researchers to discuss and exchange new ideas, novel results and experience on all aspects of Fog and Mobile Edge Computing (FMEC). Researchers are encouraged to submit original research contributions in all major areas, which include, but not limited to:
* Mobile Cloud Computing Systems.
* FMEC Security and Privacy Issues.
* FMEC Pricing and billing models.
* FMEC support for VANETS and MANETS
* Cloudlet based computing
* Dew based computing
* Lightweight authentication mechanisms in FMEC architecture.
* Access Control models in FMEC.
* Identification of incentives for FMEC service providers.
* The future perspective for FMEC: Challenges and Open Issues.
* FMEC Quality of Service (QoS) improvements techniques.
* FMEC architecture features and evolution.
* FMEC Real-time communication interfaces and protocols.
* FMEC Resource scheduling that enhances the reliability and scalability.
* FMEC Resources monitoring mechanism and utilization measuring mechanism.
* FMEC resources allocation and management.
* Real-time load prediction model to optimize the user satisfaction.
* FMEC virtualization.
* Data storage, processing, and management at FMEC platform.
* Cyber hacking, next generation fire wall of FMEC.
* Deployment strategies of FMEC Servers
* Admission control for FMEC.
* Social engineering, insider threats, advance spear phishing.
* Incident Handling and Penetration Testing.
* Forensics of Virtual and FMEC Environments.
* Security protocols in FMEC.
* Security and privacy of mobile cloud computing
* Security, privacy and reliability issues of MCC and IoT
* Security and privacy of IoT
* Security and privacy management in MCC
* MCC intrusion detection systems
* Security of pricing and billing for mobile cloud computing services
* Security of mobile, peer-to-peer and pervasive services in clouds
* Security of mobile commerce and mobile Internet of Things
* Security of mobile social networks
* Security and privacy in smartphone devices
* Security and privacy in social applications and networks
* Security of Mobile, peer-to-peer and pervasive services in clouds
* Security of Mobile commerce and mobile internet of things
* Security of Operating system and middleware support for mobile computing
* Security and privacy in sensor networks
* Security and privacy in social applications and networks
* Web service security
* Security of 3G/4G systems, Wi-MAX, Ad-hoc
* Security of Mobile social networks
* Near field communication services
* Service-oriented architectures, service portability, P2P
* Network virtualization and cloud-based radio access networks
Papers selected for presentation will appear in the FMEC Proceedings, which will be submitted to IEEE Xplore for inclusion. Papers must be 8 pages in IEEE format, 10pt font using the IEEE 8.5" x 11" two-column format, single space, A4 format. All papers should be in PDF format, and submitted electronically at Paper Submission Link. A full paper must not exceed the stated length (including all figures, tables and references).
Submitted papers must present original unpublished research that is not currently under review for any other conference or journal. Papers not following these guidelines may be rejected without review. Also submissions received after the due date, exceeding length limit, or not appropriately structured may also not be considered. Authors may contact the Program Chair for further information or clarification.
* Omer Rana, Cardiff University, UK
* Gennaro Boggia, Politecnico di Bari, Italy
* Vincenzo Piuri, University of Milan, Italy
Journals Special Issues:
* Cluster Computing Journal (IF: 1.6)
* Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies (IF: 1.6)
* The concurrency and computation: practice and experience (IF: 1.1)
Submission Date: 15 February 2019 (Extended)
Notification to Authors: 1 April 2019
Camera Ready Submission: 20 April 2019
Please send any inquiry on FMEC 2019 to the Emerging Tech. Network Team at: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org