From:
Rita Orji <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rita Orji <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2017 05:22:49 -0400
Dear colleague,

We invite you to participate in a workshop on personalization in serious
and persuasive games, as well as in gameful interactions, hosted at the ACM
UMAP 2017 conference (User Modelling, Adaptation and Personalization;
http://www.um.org/umap2017/) in Bratislava, Slovakia (workshop date: 09th
of July 2017).

*Timeline & more Information*

Find more information on our workshop website:
http://personalizedgames2017.tech-experience.at

Submission deadline: *20th of April 2017*

Acceptance notification: *20th of May 2017*

Camera-ready submissions: *28th of May 2017*

Workshop: *09th of July 2017 in Bratislava, Slovakia.*

*About the workshop*

Personalization of serious and persuasive games, as well as
gameful interactions has become more important than ever in a wide range of
areas (e.g., health, sustainability, education, and security). Thus, this
full-day workshop at UMAP will mark an important milestone in this field by
bringing together a specialized community of participants to explore new
scientific contributions and consider the future of personalization. The
workshop’s special focus will be on complementary approaches – the shades –
of personalization:

·        subjective vs. objective variables,

·        continuous vs. categorical dimensions,

·        personalization of the means vs. the ends of the interaction,

·        personalization in real-time vs. at one point in time,

which we expect to stimulate extensive discussions and inspire new research
ideas.

Workshop participants will contribute with “pieces” (submissions of
theoretical or empirical papers and demos) to build the basis for a new and
unified framework for personalization of serious and persuasive games and
gameful interactions.

*How to participate*

Participants are asked to submit “pieces” as contributions to the
above-listed topics. The “pieces” can be theoretical, phenomenological or
empirical in nature in the following categories:

·        *Position papers (2–4 pages),*

*·*        *Full research papers (4–6 pages),*

*·*        *Videos and interactive demos (along with a 2–4 pages
description*).

During the Workshop, we will collect, discuss and reflect on various
personalization approaches for serious games and gameful interactions to
create a new and unified personalization framework based on these “pieces”.

The “pieces” should clearly state how they contribute to building a
framework for personalization. Indicated page limits include bibliography.
The submissions have to be formatted according to the ACM Standard SIGCONF
template <http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template> (
http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template). In order to
peer-review the submission, we will establish a workshop program committee
and all submissions will be reviewed by at least two peers (in ambiguous
cases by three peers).

Please send your submissions to [log in to unmask]

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us!

On behalf of the workshop organizers:

*Elke Mattheiss & Marc Busch* – AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH

*Rita Orji* – University of Waterloo

*Gustavo F. Tondello* – University of Waterloo

*Andrzej Marczewski* – Gamified.uk

*Wolfgang Hochleitner & Michael Lankes* – University of Applied Sciences
Upper Austria

*Manfred Tscheligi* – University of Salzburg & AIT

Best,
Rita ORJI, PhD