Sender:
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2018 09:57:06 +0100
From:
Benjamin Cowan <[log in to unmask]>
Measuring and Designing Trust in Human Agent Interaction Workshop
6th International Conference on Human-Agent Interaction
Southampton, UK
15-16 December 2018.

Trust is integral to the human agent user experience. Yet there is
little consensus on the conceptualisation of trust, how it should be
measured, and the behavioural consequences of trust for such interactions.

Our workshop aims to map out future work on trust in Human-Agent
Interaction, bringing together leading researchers from industry and
academia in a number of domains related to the study of trust. We are
looking to bring together researchers from Psychology, Computer Science,
Design, Engineering, User Experience, Cognitive Science, and more. We
aim to advance our common definition of trust, map best practices to
measure it and the concepts related to it and share ideas on how we can
design trustworthy interactions with agents. More information can be
found at https://sites.google.com/view/mdt-hai2018/mdthai2018.

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS

We are inviting 500-word abstracts from workshop participants, to be
submitted by the 2nd November 2018. Accepted abstracts will be presented
as short talks during the workshop. Relevant topics include but are not
limited to:

* (Novel) ways to measure and evaluate trust
* Validation of current measures of trust
* Understanding how trust affects user behaviour
* Conceptualisation and dimensionality of trust and trustworthiness
* Work on trust in domains relevant to HAI application (e.g. healthcare,
financial sector)
* Novel application of trust-based findings in applied contexts
* Designing agents to look, sound, and feel trustworthy

It is not a requirement that abstracts have not been published
elsewhere; in fact, we encourage discussions between current and past
experimental work, theoretical frameworks, opinion pieces, and those
between different disciplines and traditions. All submissions will be
reviewed by at least 2 committee members for suitability to the workshop.

Please circulate to anyone who might be interested, and don't hesitate
to contact us for any questions you might have.

Organising Committee:
Ilaria Torre, ADAPT Centre, Trinity College Dublin
Leigh Clark, ADAPT Centre, University College Dublin
Benjamin R Cowan, ADAPT Centre, University College Dublin