Sender:
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2018 08:13:59 +0000
From:
Willem-Paul Brinkman - EWI <[log in to unmask]>
Our vision is to create a validated standardised questionnaire instrument to evaluate human interaction with a social agent. This instrument will help researchers to make claims about people’s perceptions, attitude and beliefs towards their agent. It will allow agents to be compared across user studies, and importantly, it helps in replicating our scientific findings. This is essential for the community if we want to make valid claims about the impact that our social agents can have in domains such as health, entertainment, and education.

We have set up an online project at Open Science Framework (OSF), and we are now looking for more researchers interested in participating in the developing this instrument. We are explicitly looking for researchers with a background in conducting user studies with social agents such as intelligent virtual agents, social robots, and conversational agents.

As we all have busy schedules, individual participation can vary, including providing comments and advise about setting up the instrument, what constructs should be measures, which items to include, pilot testing the instrument, creating a norm database of evaluated agents, and also participating in the writing of scientific papers about the instruments.

What is in it for you? You will end up with a standardised questionnaire to evaluate your social agent and compare it with other agents.

Interested?

1. Join the Open Science Framework: go to https://osf.io/6duf7/ (optionally sign in to the OSF and click ‘request access’. We have developed an OSF project under title: Workgroup on Evaluation Instrument or once register click on the link in this email).

2. Method of Communication. As soon as you are assigned to be one of the contributors, you will have the ‘read and write’ right on the OSF project. Please feel free to add and update the Wikis, the components and the tags, and give a lot of ‘Comments’ to each of them.

3. Contact Information. Please make sure that you fill in your profile especially your affiliation (you can always edit it later).

Already participating…

Catholijn Jonker, Delft University of Technology

Deborah Richards, Macquarie University: Sydney, New South Wales

Ding Ding, Delft University of Technology

Evalien Heyselaar, Behavioral Science Institute, Radboud University

Frances Brazier, Delft University of Technology

Franziska Burger, Delft University of Technology

Gale Lucas, USC Institute for Creative Technology

Kangsoo Kim, University of Central Florida

Kim Baraka,

Merijn Bruijnes, University of Twente

Mojgan Hashemian, INESC-ID, Lisbon

Myrthe Tielman, Delft University of Technology

Salam Daher, University of Central Florida

Nahal Norouzi, University of Central Florida

Siska Fitrianie, Delft University of Technology

Willem-Paul Brinkman, Delft University of Technology