Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2018 20:44:24 -0600
From: "Susan M. Dray" <[log in to unmask]>
Sender: "ACM SIGCHI General Interest Announcements (Mailing List)" <[log in to unmask]>
Greetings all,

WHAT:  The SIGCHI Across Borders Initiative is a SIGCHI effort to reach out to HCI people in places where the field is still in its infancy to listen to the needs and challenges and to explore ways that SIGCHI might be able to help overcome them.  To do this, we are meeting with small groups from a number of regions.  These sessions are very interactive with round table discussion and other activities to spark discussions about barriers and challenges people in the region face as they try to institutionalize HCI in these regions and how SIGCHI might be able to help support community development.

THIS IS NOT A CONFERENCE.

FORMAT OF MEETINGS:  These sessions will be very interactive with round table discussion and other activities to spark discussions about barriers and challenges people in the region face as they try to institutionalize HCI in these regions and how SIGCHI might be able to help support community development.

THIS IS NOT A CONFERENCE .

WHO:  In each region, we will select 10 DELEGATES.  Funds will be provided for delegates from eligible countries [see http://bit.ly/2FHrync for the list of countries with reduced ACM membership fees] to be reimbursed

WHERE:  We are delighted to announce that our second meeting will take place at the Universidad Francisco MarroquĂ­n, in beautiful Guatemala City, Guatemala.

WHEN:  19 - 20 of February, 2018.

HOW:  HCI researchers, educators, post-graduate students, practitioners, consultants, and all others doing HCI/UX activities from Latin American countries are invited to fill out the online application before FEBRUARY 5.    Accepted applicants will be notified by February 7, 2018.

Applications must be completed in English.  The meetings will also be conducted in English.

For more information and the application, please see:
https://fce.ufm.edu/sigchixbi/

Dr Susan Dray (SIGCHI VP-at-Large): susan.dray AT dray.com
Leonel Morales (local host): litomd AT ufm.edu