From:
Sunyoung Park <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sunyoung Park <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2019 09:31:23 -0400
We are excited to announce our upcoming workshop at CSCW 2019 (Austin, TX)
exploring human–AI collaboration in healthcare. We hope that you will
consider submitting to the workshop.

Identifying Challenges and Opportunities in Human–AI Collaboration in
Healthcare

Saturday, Nov. 9th, Austin, TX

- Workshop webpage: https://aihealth.wixsite.com/cscw2019/
<https://aihealth.wixsite.com/cscw2019/participation>

- CSCW 2019: http://cscw.acm.org/2019/

Call for papers

AI technologies and algorithmic decision-making systems are increasingly
adopted in a wide range of healthcare settings, from supporting clinical
processes to transforming how medical benefits are accessed, to managing
personal health and wellness. This full-day workshop explores what
invisible work and unanticipated/unintended consequences should be
considered when designing healthcare technology based on AI technologies
and automation. We will identify key scenarios to consider in this research
space, to inform a future research agenda that pursues fundamental
questions related to integrating AI and automation into healthcare work.

More specifically, we will explore the human experience of AI health
technologies by considering the following themes: 1) New Roles, Labor, and
Work Created by AI/Automation Technology in Healthcare, and 2) Trust in
Light of Shifting Healthcare Workflows. The workshop will outline
guidelines and a future agenda for the field and provide potential
transdisciplinary collaboration opportunities. We welcome a range of
participants, including clinicians (e.g., physicians, nurses, medical
assistants, etc.); researchers in design, healthcare, social sciences, and
AI; and developers and UX design practitioners.

We solicit position papers of 2-4 pages (plus unlimited references) in the
ACM Extended Abstracts Format, describing original research and outlining a
contributor’s interest and experience in the workshop topic. Position
papers will be selected based on quality, originality, diversity, and
relevance to the workshop goal and themes. We will give priority to papers
that are likely to foster fruitful discussions during the workshop. We aim
to have a diverse group of participants to facilitate cross-disciplinary
sharing of experiences and expertise.

Submissions will be peer-reviewed by the workshop’s program committee.
Please note that at least one author of each accepted position paper must
attend the workshop, and all participants must register for both the
workshop and for at least one day of the conference.

Final submissions and questions about the workshop should be sent to

More info:  https://aihealth.wixsite.com/cscw2019/
<https://aihealth.wixsite.com/cscw2019/participation>

Important dates:

September 26, 2019: Position Papers Due

October 8, 2019: Notification of Acceptance

October 20, 2019: Camera-ready Papers Due

November 9, 2019: Workshop (Saturday)

--
Sun Young Park, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor