Please post the attached Call for Papers for the next IFAWC-
International Forum of Applied Wearable Computing (www.ifawc.org) in the
SIGCHI mailing list?
Thanks in advance.
Edna Pasher Ph.D. & Associates
To unsubscribe, send an empty email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://sigchi.org/listserv
IFAWC 2007- Call for Papers
The Fourth International Forum on Applied Wearable Computing (www.ifawc.org)
March 12-13, 2007 at IBM Israel Center in Petah Tikva (near Tel Aviv), Israel
Important dates and information
* Submission deadline: midnight CET 6th November 2006
* Notification of acceptance: 15 December 2006
* Camera ready final papers due: 31 January, 2007
* Early registration opens: 15 December 2006
* Normal registration: after 20 January 2007
This year, IFAWC offers three forms of publications
* Presentations by practitioners and academics in the field.
* A poster session, in order to promote publications by graduate students and to present a forum for the presentation of work-in-progress research.
* Interactive knowledge exchange workshops based on the "Open Space" and "Knowledge Caf?" collaborative knowledge creation methods.
IFAWC will provide a snapshot of cutting edge research in the application of wearable computers. The conference will focus this year on: Exploring the Application & Potential of Wearable Computing.
We aim to explore together how Wearable Computing can shift from an emerging technology into a major business and industrial technology.
To this end original contributions are sought in relevant areas including (but not limited to):
* Industrial case studies and applications, in the following domains
o Production and maintenance
o Emergency and security
o Other domains
* Wearable computer systems
* Wearable computing technologies (such as sensors, activity and context recognition, development tools, etc.)
* User interfaces
* Integration technologies including textile electronics
* Business models for wearable computing
* Social aspects
In addition to the regular Forum proceedings authors of selected high quality contributions will be invited to submit extended and revised versions of their papers to a monograph on applied wearable computing that will be published by Springer.
Paper submissions will be treated either as full papers (12 pages maximum) or posters (6 pages maximum) but it is important that their length is appropriate for their content. They should be submitted electronically through the EDAS submission website in PDF format by midnight CET 6 November 2006
EDAS Submission for IFAWC2007
Video submissions have two parts, the video in electronic form (Quicktime, Windows Media or MPEG, no DVD or Video-CD, maximum 6 minutes of video material) and a paper part containing a short description of the video and its relevance to the topic of the conference, not exceeding 6 pages. The authors’ names should be shown both in the video and the paper part. The video part should be submitted by mail on a CD-ROM, the paper part through the EDAS submission website in PDF format. The Deadline for both submissions is midnight CET 6 November 2006.
The mailing address for the CD-ROM containing the video is:
Dr. Holger Kenn
TZI Universit?t Bremen
Am Fallturm 1
Electronic submission of video files can be made available upon request, please contact [log in to unmask] (Do not send video files directly to this address via e-mail. An FTP upload directory will be made available to you.)
Authors will be notified of receipt of submission via e-mail. If you do not receive notification, please contact the Program Chair.
Final documents should use the Springer LNCS Proceedings style, available at http://www.springer.com/sgw/cda/frontpage/0,11855,5-164-2-72376-0,00.html