Sender:
From:
Miltiadis Lytras <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:46:54 -0400
New Journal: OPEN RESEARCH on INFORMATION SYSTEMS: Call for EB members and
the OPEN RESEARCH SOCIETY

Body: Dear All,
after many months of preparation and tough work I am proud to announce the
launch of a new International Journal entitled:

OPEN RESEARCH on INFORMATION SYSTEMS

It is a collective effort of many academics and practitioners which aims
to promote the basic principles of OPEN RESEARCH, a new paradigm, to the
area of INFORMATION SYSTEMS. The inaugural issue is planned for the end of
2005 and the theme will be:

"Information Systems Discipline: Time for new priorities"

A detailed announcement will take place on Autumn and a BIG EVENT will
initiate the launch of OPEN RESEARCH SOCIETY, a non-official community
aiming to promote the vision of open research. In the next 3 months three
more journals of OPEN RESEARCH will be announced.

Five are the characteristics of our effort:

1) High Quality peer review process aiming to the best possible research
and vision papers

2) OPEN access to the published papers to all without subscriptions

3) A community sharing the same vision of applying research for the common
wealth

4) An Editorial board organized in the model of network organization

5) A deep believe in the principles of Human Computing and the need for a
humanistic approach to the deployment of technologies.

We dont look to compete with the traditional journals which have and will
remain to have a rigorous role to our disciplines. We just bring in your
attention and to the whole world a dynamic, human-centric, and positive
approach. We need you by our side.

We invite you to join this initiative. If you wish to join this NEW
Journal as an EB or Review board Member please send me a mail at
[log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] If you would like to learn more
on OPEN RESEARCH SOCIETY please dont hesitate to contact me

Best Regards

Dr. Miltiadis D. Lytras

for OPEN RESEARCH on INFORMATION SYSTEMS Journal
and OPEN RESEARCH SOCIETY