Please Note: There was an error in the paper format and page length in the original call for papers. Full papers should be 4 pages and short papers should be 2 pages in IEEE's conference style two column format. Because of the error and late notice, however, this page limit is recommended. We apologize for any inconvenience.
We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this message.
Final Call for Papers
PervasiveHealth Conference 2008
Tampere, Finland, January 30-February 2, 2008
After the successful first year of the conference, the Organizing Committee is pleased to announce the Second International Conference on Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare.
Pervasive healthcare is an emerging research discipline, focusing on the development and application of pervasive and ubiquitous computing technology for healthcare and wellness. Pervasive healthcare seeks to respond to pressures towards healthcare system, arising from a number of factors, including the increased incidence of life-style related and chronic diseases, emerging consumerism in healthcare, need for empowering patients and relatives for self-care and management of their health, and need to provide seamless access for health care services, independent of time and place.
Pervasive healthcare may be defined from two perspectives. First, it is the development and application of pervasive computing (or ubiquitous computing, ambient intelligence) technologies for healthcare, health and wellness management. Second, it seeks to make healthcare available to anyone, anytime, and anywhere by removing location, time and other restraints while increasing both the coverage and quality of healthcare.
Pervasive Healthcare conference aims to gather together experts in pervasive healthcare for sharing information on recent developments - both technical and system-level - contributing towards emerging pervasive healthcare discipline. We seek novel, innovative, and exciting work in areas including but not limited to:
* Wearable, ambient and home based health and wellness measurement and monitoring technologies
* Mobile and wireless technologies for healthcare information storage, transmission, processing, and feedback, including devices, systems and applications
* Sensor networks for pervasive healthcare
* Information management, processing and analysis in pervasive healthcare
* Networking support for pervasive healthcare (location tracking, routing, scalable architectures, dependability, and quality of access)
* Citizen portals and electronic citizen-managed health records
* Security, privacy and trust in pervasive healthcare
* Standards and interoperability in pervasive healthcare
* Pervasive healthcare technologies and applications for citizen for chronic disease management, health risk management, health promotion, and disease prevention
* Pervasive healthcare for health professionals
* Technologies to support ambient assisted living
* User needs, usability and acceptability issues
* Business cases and cost issues
* Clinical applications, validation and evaluation studies
Paper Submission Deadline: September 14th, 2007
Notification to Authors: November 2nd, 2007
Camera Ready: November 16th, 2007
Pervasive Health 2008 accepts submissions that describe original, research work not submitted or published elsewhere. The conference accepts two types of submissions: Full Papers presenting significant contributions to research and practice in different aspects of Pervasive Healthcare (maximum four pages) and Short Papers presenting late-breaking results and ongoing work (maximum two pages). All submissions must follow IEEE's conference style two column format including figures and references. Appropriate links to papers templates will be available from the conference website.
Authors are requested to submit their PDF manuscripts electronically using COCUS System (http://www.cocus.info) by following the link and instructions at the conference home page:
Do the submission in the following 3 steps:
1. Login COCUS system with your e-mail and password. You need to register an account if you do not have one.
2. After login, choose Event's list and find Pervasive Health '08 in the list.
3. Choose Submit a paper and follow the step by step instructions.
CD proceedings will be distributed during the conference days and will be published by IEEE in IEEE Xplore digital library. Selected papers of the conference will be invited to a Special Issue of the International Medical Informatics Association (IMIA) Journal on Methods of Information in Medicine.
Niilo Saranummi VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
Technical Program Co-Chairs:
Ilkka Korhonen VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland:
Howard Wactlar Carnegie Mellon University, USA
Imrich Chlamtac CREATE-NET, Trento, Italy
Oscar Mayora-Ibarra CREATE-NET, Trento, Italy
Upkar Varshney Georgia State University, Atlanta, USA
Johan Plomp VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
Kay Connelly Indiana University, USA
Raj Rajarajan City University London, UK
Karen Decker ICST
Zsuzsa Lanyi-Kaszab ICST
Ana Hilda Morales CREATE-NET, Trento, Italy
To unsubscribe, send an empty email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://sigchi.org/listserv